News:

Do you all even read these?

Main Menu

Studio Execs

Started by cnamon, October 31, 2005, 01:24:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cnamon

I have been calling studio execs all afternoon confirming participation in a conference call.

Some of their assistants are the rudest people EVER!

DownSouth

Manners have gone the way of the dinosaurs in this country.  The next person who doesn't thank me for keeping the door open for them is getting a punch to the thigh.  Then I'll slam the door on them as they crawl away.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

Alice

People in Hollywood being mean?  Pshaw.

Listener

Quote from: Alice on October 31, 2005, 01:30:01 PM

Neil Gaiman says Angelina Jolie is very nice.

*shrug*

I think once you make it in Hollywood, you tend to be nicer, but if you're clawing and biting your way up the ladder, you're naturally going to be pissed off because you think you've got the RIGHT to be a star and no one is honoring that.

Or something.

Alice

Quote from: Listener on October 31, 2005, 03:42:55 PM

*shrug*

I think once you make it in Hollywood, you tend to be nicer, but if you're clawing and biting your way up the ladder, you're naturally going to be pissed off because you think you've got the RIGHT to be a star and no one is honoring that.

Or something.

You've not ever worked with famous people, have you?

SockmonkeyHolocaust

Hollywood?

Those guys are fags!

Beefy

*shrug*

Or something.

Some are nice and humble, but it's rare.

Many have been brought up in this bubble that makes them think that certain behaviors are okay and that certain expectations will always be met, regardless of whom they're interacting with.

Both Diane Venora and Judy Davis are class acts.  I can speak to that.

Alice

Laurie Metcalf is the biggest bitch to ever walk this earth.

Jim Belushi is a nice guy though.

Listener

Quote from: Alice on October 31, 2005, 03:47:56 PM

*shrug*

Or something.

You've not ever worked with famous people, have you?

I've worked with a lot of professional wrestlers.  They're usually pretty nice.  A couple of sports personalities, some media and news personalities, et al.

But no actors.

Beefy

Bruno Kirby was super nice.  And patient.

Tom Bosley was polite, if not exactly enthusiastic.

Spike Lee, predictably, was an indifferent dick unless you were black.

Alice

Tom Bosley seems like he would be very nice.  I get that vibe off of Camryn Manheim too... though I've never met either of them.

Beefy

Quote from: Alice on October 31, 2005, 03:58:33 PM
Tom Bosley seems like he would be very nice.  I get that vibe off of Camryn Manheim too... though I've never met either of them.

We saw Mr. Cunningham during the intermission when we went to see Sunset Blvd. on Broadway when Glenn Close was still playing the lead.  He was polite, but I think a bit annoyed that we were geeking out during his night out to the show.

cnamon

The people at Dreamworks were nice.  So were the people at Fox.  They laughed at me because I was singing Lady Marmalade while on hold (that was their hold music).  The Disney people are nice too.

Listener

Quote from: Batty on October 31, 2005, 03:57:22 PM
Bruno Kirby was super nice.  And patient.

Tom Bosley was polite, if not exactly enthusiastic.

Spike Lee, predictably, was an indifferent dick unless you were black.

Stewie Griffin   I say! Brian, look. Three rows down.
Brian Griffin   What?
Stewie Griffin   Is that Tom Bosley?
Brian Griffin   What would Tom Bosley be doing on a train in Switzerland?
Stewie Griffin   I'm almost certain. Tom!
Stewie Griffin   Did he look?
Brian Griffin   I don't know.
Stewie Griffin   If I yell, you have to watch. Tom Bosley!
Brian Griffin   No, it's not him.

nishi

here are my contributions -

john malkovich: fucking high-strung brat
dustin hoffman: reserved but nice
david mamet: complete and utter dick
shelly winters: very nice, very funny
sigourney weaver: her height was so shocking in person that i couldn't really pay attention to anything else
bruce willis: astoundingly nice
christopher walken: weirder than you can imagine. also, he managed to get himself kicked out of bars on rush street in chicago, which i would not have thought possible.

the monks say that david bowie, patty smith, and richard gere are always extremely nice. they laugh at richard gere's wife behind her back because she brings model clothes to the monastery and then has to limp up and down the dirt roads to get anywhere. she does not pretend to be anything except bored beyond belief while they are there. they also told me that they mistook dave matthews for a roadie and were asking him to adjust their microphones. apparently, he thought that was pretty funny and was very nice about it.
"we left the motherland to settle a colony on Juntoo.  hats with belt buckles."
-catchr

<- this is a prankapple.

cnamon

Speaking of Shelley Winters, I watched Sweet Charity this weekend.

I love that movie.

nishi

she was a fantastic actor. and i have to say that when i met her, she was.... i have no idea how old, but certainly no spring chicken, and her legs were still absolutely terrific.
"we left the motherland to settle a colony on Juntoo.  hats with belt buckles."
-catchr

<- this is a prankapple.

VikingJuice

Quote from: cnamon on October 31, 2005, 01:24:00 PM
I have been calling studio execs all afternoon confirming participation in a conference call.

Some of their assistants are the rudest people EVER!

That's because you're SUPPOSED to have your people call their people to arrange a phone meet and greet.

Kevin Spacey was very laid back the one time I met him.

Jim Kelly was hysterically funny and very easy going.
Dan Marino was all ah-shucks kind of nice.
Thurman Thomas was silly and fun to talk to.
Earl Campbell let me try on his Hall of Fame Ring-it was FREAKIN' HUGE!!  I fit two fingers in the ring.  His poor poor wife....
Bert Emanuel, former Falcons reciever was SUPER nice and very talkative.  Extremely articulate for a football player but then again, he did graduate from Rice.
Roynell Young, defensive back for the Eagles in the 80's talked to me for 2 hours at a football camp.  Asked all about my life and school and we talked philosophy.  Great guy!

Listener

My old guitar teacher has a sister who used to hang out with Christopher Walken.  He told me she told him that Walken talks like he has ADD -- changing topics, talking fast, et al.

My guitar teacher also looked like a shorter James Spader circa "Stargate".