News:

40,000th post goes to Gamp!  Happy birthday!

Main Menu

NaNoWriMo

Started by Bishamonten, October 28, 2005, 10:57:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bishamonten

National Novel Writing Month starts in a couple days.  It runs the entire month of November and the goal is to write a 50,000 word novel in 30 days.  Doesn't have to be a good novel, it just has to be.  Last year I participated but got sidelined at 10,994 words into my novel about Zombies.  My novel was crappy, but I generally tried to make it entertaining.  I entertained myself at the very least and that's generally what its all about.  I think Nesh made it to 40k words.  This year I'm hoping to actually make 50k.  If you're interested hit up nanowrimo.org and sign up.  It's cold out, wouldn't you like to just spend November writing a novel?

Alice

I'm totally doing this.

Is there anyway we can get a forum on nanowrimo?

Jessie

I forgot about that.

I'll try to work out some time to try.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

meredith

I put enough time into my navel, now you expect me to write a novel? hah!

Beefy

I signed up last month, but I'm faltering.  My creative juices aren't flowing at all right now.

Bishamonten

Quote from: Boof on October 28, 2005, 11:25:27 AM
I signed up last month, but I'm faltering.  My creative juices aren't flowing at all right now.

So write a bad novel.  I posted the first chapter of my Zombie novel a while back.  It's -pitiful-, but it still counts. 

Listener

Quote from: Alice on October 28, 2005, 11:22:32 AM
I'm totally doing this.

Is there anyway we can get a forum on nanowrimo?

I'll see if I can stick one in the Writer's Forum.  No promises; I'm not that good with ShadowMachine yet.

I'm not doing Nanowrimo.  I can't write fiction under deadline.

ignom

I'll have the free time, just depends on if I have the creativity.
Underneath this flabby exterior is an enormous lack of character.

Listener

I have asked dc to create a NaNoWriMo child forum in the Writer's Area.  If you do not yet belong to the Writer's Area, and you want to, send me a PM and I will be glad to add you.

And to all participating in NaNoWriMo, good luck.  I'm going to spend November revising four stories that I want to sell.

http://www.nanowrimo.org/

Listener

cnamon

I signed up.   I am going to give it a go.