News:

Incontinence Hotline ... Can you hold, please?

Main Menu

Supersize Me

Started by Gamplayerx, March 19, 2005, 07:58:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gamplayerx

I finally watched this movie this morning and now can fully appreciate the comments I've heard from others about never wanting to eat fast food again.  Wow.  The scariest thing was how they said they guy may have irreparable damage.

Have you seen the movie?  What'd you think?  Did it affect your eating habits?  How often do you eat fast food? 

eo000

I saw the movie. I thought the doctors and such exaggerated a bit about the damage. I've yet to eat at McDonalds since i've seen the move.

And he couldn't fake the wait gain. that was horrible.

Gamplayerx

His poor girlfriend. ;)

I almost never eat fastfood, surprisingly not really for any health conscious reasons - it's ironically not very convenient for me.

cnamon

I felt bad for his girlfriend, too.

I try not to eat fast food anymore.  Even more so after seeing that. 

But on the news yesterday, they showed some guy who ate nothing but McHeartAttacks salads and lost like 40 pounds.  I call bullshit.

charmed

I watched it and was pretty much disgusted at the whole thing. I don't eat much fast food either, but simply because I don't really like it rather than for any other reasons. Very rarely will I get a craving for a hamburger, and then I'll take like 2 bites and be sick of it, so I usually just wait and the craving goes away.

When I was in highschool I could put away an entire BigMac and a large fries. At least then I was exercising a lot and didn't gain weight from it. If I ate that now I would need to be in one of those hoverround chairs.

But if anyone makes a documentary about the dangers of eating pizza, I will be doomed.

Infobahn

I love my hoverround chair.

Gamplayerx

What is a hoverround chair?

cnamon

Hoveround chairs give people the mobility they thought they could never have!  They do all the Medicare work for you and if Medicare denies your claim, they work to give you your chair at no cost to you!

Gamplayerx

Quote from: cnamon on March 20, 2005, 04:15:20 PM
Hoveround chairs give people the mobility they thought they could never have!  They do all the Medicare work for you and if Medicare denies your claim, they work to give you your chair at no cost to you!

Those sound great!  Where do I sign up?

charmed

OBB

I think a Hoverround chair sounds awesome. I'd feel like a Science Fiction villian if I had one!

Step two would be getting minions, or perhaps henchmen.

eo000

Is there a toilet option on that thing? cause that would be sweet!

Gamplayerx

And a cooler.  With like a little button so you could just order a drink and it would pop out of the armrest. 

charmed

Quote from: eo000 on March 20, 2005, 04:39:48 PM
Is there a toilet option on that thing? cause that would be sweet!

OBB

Ohhh, I thought we were talking about Hover Chairs... you know, like those floaty things, and you levitate around in them.

I'm quite clearly on drugs.

charmed

Quote from: OBB on March 20, 2005, 04:42:28 PM
Ohhh, I thought we were talking about Hover Chairs... you know, like those floaty things, and you levitate around in them.

I didn't know they had those. I would like to sign up for that.

Gamplayerx

We can talk about Hover Chairs if you'd like.  Or we could talk about fast food!  ;)

OBB

Quote from: charmed on March 20, 2005, 04:43:44 PM
Quote from: OBB on March 20, 2005, 04:42:28 PM

I didn't know they had those. I would like to sign up for that.

And as added fun, you can bump people in the face with them, thus breaking out all their teeth.

Gamplayerx

But if they have no teeth, how are they going to eat McDonald's?

OBB

Quote from: Gamplayerx on March 20, 2005, 04:52:51 PM

I'm saving them from themselves, Gampy.

Gamplayerx

Quote from: OBB on March 20, 2005, 04:53:30 PM

Superb!  This is a proactive solution the government should look into!

OBB

Quote from: Gamplayerx on March 20, 2005, 04:55:49 PM
Quote from: OBB on March 20, 2005, 04:53:30 PM

Superb!  This is a proactive solution the government should look into!

I consider myself somewhat of a Patriot.