News:

Incontinence Hotline ... Can you hold, please?

Main Menu

Fall TV season start dates

Started by Beef, August 26, 2005, 09:05:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Listener

Quote from: Beefy on August 26, 2005, 11:46:21 AM
Okay, I think I have my TV viewing schedule mapped out.  If it keeps.

Sundays
Family Guy 8pm, begins Sept. 11th
American Dad 8:30pm, begins Sept. 11th

Mondays
Surface 7pm, begins Sept. 19th (keeps me from watching Prison Break, dammit.)

Tuesdays
Nada.

Wednesdays
Lost 8pm, begins Sept. 21st
Invasion 9pm, begins Sept. 21st

Thursdays
The Night Stalker 8pm, begins Sept. 29th

Fridays
Threshold 8pm, begins Sept 16th

Saturdays
Nada.

I haven't tried TV watching of this level in well over five years.  More like seven.  I wonder if I can do it.

I've decided to skip Surface.  It looks too much like Deep Impact.  I won't be watching Invasion because I am sick and tired of "precocious daughter" characters.

I recommend that you start with Prison Break, since it premieres three weeks before Surface.  Then, if you like it, keep watching it.  Especially since it goes off the air or changes days in January, when 24 comes back.

Y'know, if you want to watch multiple shows, buy a VCR.  We have four.  They're only about $40 at Wal-Mart, and tapes are re-useable.

My schedule for this season:

VCR 1

Cold Case (for the wife)
The 4400 (for the wife, although I sometimes watch it too)
Las Vegas (Nikki Cox is teh_hotness)
Supernatural
Criminal Minds (Mandy Patinkin is awesome)
Smallville
Without A Trace

VCR 2

Desperate Housewives (I really like the show, but I never actually want to watch it.  Is that weird?)
Grey's Anatomy
Lost
Alias
ER
Threshold (Carla Gugino = ultrahot; also, I like Brent Spiner & Charles S Dutton)

VCR 3

Family Guy
American Dad
Prison Break
Veronica Mars (very funny)
Tripping The Rift
Reunion (probably going to be this year's best show if Fox doesn't cancel it after three episodes)
Battlestar Galactica

VCR 4:  The Wife's Shows

Strong Medicine
7th Heaven
Medium
House
So You Think You Can Dance (URRRGHH!!)
Numb3rs

So, as you can see, we watch a lot.

Listener

Quote from: eo000 on August 27, 2005, 09:40:46 AM
Quote from: Gamplayerx on August 27, 2005, 09:39:24 AM
Who's the woman on the far right?

michelle rodriguez. new this season.

i also think Adewale Akinnouye-Agbaje is joining this season, but he's not in the picture.

Didn't the Dolphins trade him to the Bears last season?

eo000

Quote from: eo000 on August 28, 2005, 08:41:50 AM
http://www.oceanicflight815.com/

explore this site long enough, and you can get to some season two footage.

okay, i clicked through long enough to get to the commercial for season two. pretty sweet.

Beefy

Quote from: Listener on August 28, 2005, 08:37:35 AM
If Evangeline Lilly was down there, I'd deal with her directly.  And then from behind.   :evil:

She's a cutie, no doubt.  I think I've grown more partial to the Korean actress, though.  I think she's been giving one of the best performances on that show.

Also, I don't have the patience to click all around eo000's site to find the commercial for season 2.

As far as watching multiple shows goes, well, I don't even know if I can.  It's practically a challenge to myself.

eo000

Quote from: Beefy on August 28, 2005, 09:17:21 AM
Quote from: Listener on August 28, 2005, 08:37:35 AM
If Evangeline Lilly was down there, I'd deal with her directly.  And then from behind.   :evil:

She's a cutie, no doubt.  I think I've grown more partial to the Korean actress, though.  I think she's been giving one of the best performances on that show.

Also, I don't have the patience to click all around eo000's site to find the commercial for season 2.

As far as watching multiple shows goes, well, I don't even know if I can.  It's practically a challenge to myself.
directions

downloadable version here

eo000

Gamplayerx

Reunion!  That's the show I was yammering about the other day.

Bishamonten

Quote from: Beefy on August 26, 2005, 11:38:18 AM
Yes, our Lost threads are spoiler driven.  Sad you won't be there.   :(

That said, some pre-season Lost info:

Hugo Reyes (sp?) lost 30 pounds over the break.

The creators said that they understood that people were pissed off with where the cliffhanger ended with the season finale.  They said that if they had actually revealed what was down that ladder then people would have been even more pissed off with having to wait.  The first three episodes of the new season supposedly deal very directly with what's down there.

I enjoy lost, but the biggest problem with that show is that it's full of GREAT actors and manned by mediocre writers.  They have absolutely no direction.  The head writer publicly stated in an interview that he has no idea what the "big monster" is.  They haven't written it yet, which, to me, means you get shitty filler and weak premises.  I'm still enjoying the show, but as more and more questions go unanswered and more and more new questions get introduced, it gets on my nerves.  Especially when they take month long breaks. 

Listener

Quote from: Gamplayerx on August 28, 2005, 10:45:17 AM
Reunion!  That's the show I was yammering about the other day.

Reasons I think Reunion will be cool:

1.  No show like it on TV -- one year per episode?  Spiffy!

2.  Designed to only last one season.  That's it.

Unfortunately, it's on Fox, so it'll get three episodes and then get replaced by Nanny 911 (which I have been assured is coming back; one of my employees did a contract job as a casting director for the new season).  I will be pissed.

But if they let it run for a whole year, I will be SO happy.  The whole story should wrap up in a full year, and next season, if they decide to do one, will be wrapping up all the other plotlines and continuing these people's lives.

Beefy

I missed Surface on Monday (thought it was on at 8), Threshold last Firday (forgot to program the VCR like I said I would), and the first episode of Night Stalker was pretty awful.  I think my TV viewing may be going back down again.

Also, if Invasion doesn't do something fairly soon, I'm not going to bother with it anymore, either.

cnamon

I wacthed How I Met Your Mother. It was good.  But then again I have had a crush on Doogie Howser for years.

Jessie

Was it on last night?  I watched The Big Lebowski.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

cnamon

Quote from: Jessie on October 05, 2005, 11:10:44 AM
Was it on last night?  I watched The Big Lebowski.
It was on Monday.

Listener

Quote from: cnamon on October 05, 2005, 10:44:04 AM
I wacthed How I Met Your Mother. It was good.  But then again I have had a crush on Doogie Howser for years.

I think Alyson Hannigan has grown even more beautiful as she's moved to a more "adult" role.  She's still a little skinny, but she was never really on my radar o' hotness until American Pie 3.  I prefer her playing adults to teenagers.

Beefy

Quote from: Listener on October 05, 2005, 11:15:29 AM

I think Alyson Hannigan has grown even more beautiful as she's moved to a more "adult" role.  She's still a little skinny, but she was never really on my radar o' hotness until American Pie 3.  I prefer her playing adults to teenagers.

I would hit that, smack that, pat that on the po-po.

Listener

Quote from: Beef on October 05, 2005, 11:24:46 AM
Quote from: Listener on October 05, 2005, 11:15:29 AM

I would hit that, smack that, pat that on the po-po.

Very nice.

Oh, and Hannigan can act, too, which sets her well apart from the rest of the eye candy out there.

Alice

Listener

Quote from: AliceLiddell on October 05, 2005, 11:33:05 AM
I just want her husband.  Yum.

I didn't know she was married.  Or are you talking about the actor playing her husband-to-be in HIMYM?

I personally would like to see another film with the American Pie characters -- specifically focusing on Jim & Michelle's life as a married couple.  It wouldn't have to be a screwball sex comedy, just a comedy, maybe focusing on one or two of the leftover characters from the movies.  As "adult" characters, I really liked Jim & Michelle.  I think there's room to explore them further.

Beefy

Quote from: Listener on October 05, 2005, 11:38:29 AM

I didn't know she was married.  Or are you talking about the actor playing her husband-to-be in HIMYM?

I personally would like to see another film with the American Pie characters -- specifically focusing on Jim & Michelle's life as a married couple.  It wouldn't have to be a screwball sex comedy, just a comedy, maybe focusing on one or two of the leftover characters from the movies.  As "adult" characters, I really liked Jim & Michelle.  I think there's room to explore them further.

American Pie 4 is coming out straight to DVD.  Only character left is Eugene Levy.

Allyson married a Buffy castmate, I believe.

Listener

Quote from: Beef on October 05, 2005, 11:39:54 AM

American Pie 4 is coming out straight to DVD.  Only character left is Eugene Levy.

Dude, WTF?  How are they going to pull that off?  Levy divorces his wife and goes back out on the dating scene?

Sounds like one to skip.

Beefy

Quote from: Listener on October 05, 2005, 11:42:07 AM

Dude, WTF?  How are they going to pull that off?  Levy divorces his wife and goes back out on the dating scene?

Sounds like one to skip.

It focuses on Stifler's younger brother.

cnamon

Quote from: Beef on October 05, 2005, 12:15:56 PM
Quote from: Listener on October 05, 2005, 11:42:07 AM

Sounds like one to skip.

It focuses on Stifler's younger brother.
I'll pass.

Mr. Ubiquity

Quote from: Listener on August 26, 2005, 11:22:47 AM
Quote from: Beefy on August 26, 2005, 11:11:25 AM
I'm chomping at the bit to start the Lost: Season 2 discussion thread.

I can never, EVER join TV discussion threads.  The wife and I tape about 15 shows a week that we watch together, and about 6 more that she watches without me because I can't bring myself to watch them (like 7th Heaven).  We watch the tapes on the weekends, but we only get through about 5 hours each day.  Therefore, by December, we're still in November, and so on.  We didn't finish the 2004-5 season until last July. 

I just hate when people post spoilers without warnings, which I know none of us do.  But some of my friends have LJs and they post spoilers.  That drives me CRAZY!

So I'll look longingly at your discussion thread, wishing I was there.  *sigh*  I'll miss you all.

Dude- two possible fixes.     Record less shows or watch more of the tv when you do.  But yeah, spoilers do kind of suck.  I usually dont care about them.  to me a movies is meant for visual entertainment.  so you can tell me what happened, but until i see it it doesnt mean much.
"if I wank to it, will u feel disgusted or flattered or a perverse combo of both?"

Alice

She married Alexis Denisof.  He played Wesley... not so attractive on Buffy.  Super hot toward the end of Angel.