News:

Two rules to success in life: 1. Don't tell people everything you know.

Main Menu

Alfie

Started by ignom, March 18, 2005, 08:25:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ignom

I have never seen the original Michael Caine version of this movie, though it has always been on my list. I just never ran across a copy while I was thinking about it.

Which brings us to the Jude Law version. The first half of this movie is little more than Jude Law talking to the camera, explaining about his ideas on relationships and showing all the girls he has been with. It was rather boring.

Somewhere early during the second half, though, this movie started getting good. I thought this was just going to be a romantic comedy, but it was more than that, in fact, the one thing Alfie never quite found was a perfect romance. The one relationship you expect to be rekindled isn't, and he finds himself lost, looking for some answer that isn't there.

I wish the first half of this movie could compliment the second half better.
Underneath this flabby exterior is an enormous lack of character.

ignom

i especially liked the part where Jude Law and Omar Epps have a swordfight. The special effects when Jude slices through Omar's neck are spectacular.
Underneath this flabby exterior is an enormous lack of character.

Jessie

Quote from: ignom on March 19, 2005, 07:35:16 PM
i especially liked the part where Jude Law and Omar Epps have a swordfight. The special effects when Jude slices through Omar's neck are spectacular.

Somehow, I can't imagine this scene in that movie.

Of course I have no idea what that movie is about.

Still, I have the feeling that you made it up.

we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

ursus

Hey, what's it all about?
*snort*
I was just wondering...

cnamon