News:

Speaking as a chick, I just can't get enough of the wang bone.

Main Menu

The Village - yeah, I'm a little behind the times.

Started by Jessie, October 08, 2005, 09:36:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessie

I watched this when I couldn't sleep at my dad's last night.  I liked it.  It was better than I expected. My dad said he had it figured out, but I don't think so.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

VikingJuice

Quote from: Jessie on October 08, 2005, 09:36:03 AM
I watched this when I couldn't sleep at my dad's last night.  I liked it.  It was better than I expected. My dad said he had it figured out, but I don't think so.

It was okay but you really could see something obvious like the ending coming.  Everyone in the town was WAY too serious and freaked by the supposed monsters.

Mr. Ubiquity

i liked the movie up until they admidted to the fakery of their isolated life.   then i gave up on the movie.

Ron Howards daughter was awesome however.

M. night needs to go back to school when hes marketing a thriller movie.  or how to write better endings.
"if I wank to it, will u feel disgusted or flattered or a perverse combo of both?"

SockmonkeyHolocaust

Bruce Willis was dead. That's why the kid could see him.

Gamplayerx

Quote from: Sockmonkeyholocaust on October 08, 2005, 02:13:01 PM
Bruce Willis was dead. That's why the kid could see him.
Bastage!

At least you didn't ruin the Crying Game surprise for me.

Beefy

I've never seen the film and I figured out the ending.  M. Night has lost his touch.

Alice

I actually liked it.  Though I see it more as a metaphor for our own psyches.

Jessie

I enjoyed it and I didn't have the ending figured out. 

Maybe I'm just dumb.

I thought it was a horror movie, and I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't at all what I expected.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Dry then Catch

it was supposed to be a critique on the Bush administration (LOL bush is teh dumb no blood for oil etc etc.) The paternalistic leaders held their people in ignorance and created a bodgeyman based on past danger.  They felt it was for the people's own good. 

Beefy

Quote from: CatchrNdRy on October 11, 2005, 03:23:30 AM
it was supposed to be a critique on the Bush administration (LOL bush is teh dumb no blood for oil etc etc.) The paternalistic leaders held their people in ignorance and created a bodgeyman based on past danger.  They felt it was for the people's own good. 

If that's true, I'm twice as glad I didn't bother.

VikingJuice

Quote from: CatchrNdRy on October 11, 2005, 03:23:30 AM

Yeah yeah and the Wizard of Oz was SUPPOSED to be a commentary on American society in the early 1900's..... what, you mean it was?  Crap!

NEVERMIND.

;D