News:

20,000th post winners: ReBurninator and Dazie. Enjoy your diseases!

Main Menu

Lost Season 2 Discussion Thread

Started by Beef, September 16, 2005, 07:00:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bishamonten

I want to go on the record now, to say that I think the girl Hurley is crushing on was -in- the mental institution Hurley was in.  Not as a doctor, but as a patient...

Beefy

Quote from: Bishamonten on January 26, 2006, 12:56:17 PM
I want to go on the record now, to say that I think the girl Hurley is crushing on was -in- the mental institution Hurley was in.  Not as a doctor, but as a patient...

You think?  I was thinking she knew he had won the lottery somehow.

cnamon

What do polar bears have to do with this show?

I'm Lost (no pun intended).

Beefy

Quote from: cnamon on January 26, 2006, 01:20:09 PM
What do polar bears have to do with this show?

I'm Lost (no pun intended).

Some of the survivors were confronted early on by a polar bear.  Which is odd, since they are on an island nowhere near polar bear territory.  It was later shown that the boy, Walt, was reading a comic with polar bears in it, and so it can be assumed that Walt has either some extraordinary power, possibly in connection with the island, that results in manifesting the things he thinks about.  This could be the reason his dog survived the plane crash as well.  The people who make the show like to throw little things in for the fans, so seeing stuffed polar bears pop up last night wasn't that surprising.

Bishamonten

Quote from: Beefy on January 26, 2006, 01:17:52 PM

I think its more likely that Libby was institutionalized rather than just being a money grubbing whore.

Beefy

Quote from: Bishamonten on January 26, 2006, 01:30:34 PM

I think its more likely that Libby was institutionalized rather than just being a money grubbing whore.

Isn't it establish that she's some kind of therapist or counselor?

Bishamonten

Quote from: Beefy on January 26, 2006, 01:32:36 PM
Quote from: Bishamonten on January 26, 2006, 01:30:34 PM

Isn't it establish that she's some kind of therapist or counselor?

That's what got me started on it.  I was thinking, "Oh she must have been a therapist at the institution."  But given how they just -love- to do the whole "people aren't what they appear" bit, I'm not banking on her having actually been institutionalized. 

Beefy

Gamplayerx

Gamplayerx

Beefy

Gamplayerx

DariusMDeV

Beefy

If they do this and it wasn't part of their overall plan, I wonder how it impacts what they've been trying to do with the show, narratively speaking.  It seems to all be meticulously planned out, so then how does removing her affect that?

Beefy

DariusMDeV

BigDun

Some of the Lost characters have gotten much darker then I expected.
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

Beefy

Quote from: BigDun on February 09, 2006, 12:08:10 AM
Some of the Lost characters have gotten much darker then I expected.

I'm glad for it, too.

They introduced the manuscript for that book mentioned above last night.