Lost Season 2 Discussion Thread

Started by Beef, September 16, 2005, 07:00:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ignom

The guy that plays Bernard was the principal on Growing Pains.
Underneath this flabby exterior is an enormous lack of character.

Jessie

Quote from: ignom on November 09, 2005, 09:47:34 PM
The guy that plays Bernard was the principal on Growing Pains.

I knew I knew him from somewhere.

oh, and HOLY CRAP. 

Next week's gonna be good.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

DariusMDeV

that bitch.  Next week looks like a total friggin bore.

Beefy

The rumors were true!  Die, shallow chick!

ignom

Jessie

Quote from: Beefy on November 09, 2005, 10:02:04 PM
The rumors were true!  Die, shallow chick!

She started to run, I said, "Oh crap, they're making her sympathetic then killing her!"  Then I had to explain that to Timothy, or I tried to, but I failed.

Jessie

I wonder how Walt was right there and Michael didn't see him. 

And did we give up on the tiny print since everyone's caught up or what?

Beefy

So has anyone else noticed that Shannon's father was killed by the SUV driven by Jack's future wife?

eo000

Quote from: Beefy on November 09, 2005, 10:06:18 PM
So has anyone else noticed that Shannon's father was killed by the SUV driven by Jack's future wife?
yeah, thought that for a few weeks.

Jessie

Beefy

Quote from: Jessie on November 09, 2005, 10:13:27 PM
That's in this thread somewhere.

It may have been.  I'm so 'lost' at this point.

Jessie

Jessie

From fark - I didn't even think of it this way.

QuoteSo Walt was predicting the coming of the tailenders... and he was telling Shannon to shut the fark up, otherwise Ana was going to shoot the fark out of her.

Beefy

Quote from: Jessie on November 09, 2005, 10:49:55 PM
From fark - I didn't even think of it this way.

QuoteSo Walt was predicting the coming of the tailenders... and he was telling Shannon to shut the fark up, otherwise Ana was going to shoot the fark out of her.

I don't know that I agree with that.  Did the whisperings mean the others were around?  From the reaction of the tailenders, I'd say yes.  Did the whisperings mean the Others were around?  Quite possibly.

I'd like to know a little more about why the Others have been collecting children.  Was it because they were looking for The One (walt?)?  Or was there something greater going on?  And why did they abduct the demale tailender last night?  Or was she even abducted?

One thing is for sure - it was nice to have an episode with no sign of Jack or Kate or Hurley.

Jessie

I'm aggravated by the missing monster.  Why do they not even care about it any more??

Jessie

Although Rousseau (sic?) said, 'There's no such thing as monsters.'

But, still.  Whatever it is, it's like it was never even there most of the time.

DariusMDeV

Are you saying that Walt is the "Quizatz Haderach"?

And what do you mean no Jack?  That thread is the only one I care about.  The ONLY thing that intrigues me about that show is the damn hatch/bunker, and I'm getting annoyed with them showing me all these other boring people.

Jessie

I hope they do something with Michelle Rodriguez other than make me want to gouge her eyes out with a butter knife.

Beefy

Quote from: Jessie on November 10, 2005, 08:43:05 AM
I'm aggravated by the missing monster.  Why do they not even care about it any more??

I'm still of the opinion that the "monster" is a reaction, not an action.  It appears as a result of someone doing or thinking or feeling something specific.

Much like shallow bitch getting fleshed out last night, I bet next week's episode will help us empathize with Ana Lucia more.  Though now that she shot shallow bitch, Ana has a rougher time ahead of her.

ignom

Sayid telling Shannon he loved her was the biggest stretch the show has attempted so far.

Beefy

Quote from: ignom on November 10, 2005, 10:33:21 AM
Sayid telling Shannon he loved her was the biggest stretch the show has attempted so far.

I agree in that I've never really bought off on that relationship, though it makes a little more sense last night.  Shannon needs someone to take care of her, even if she resents it.  I think perhaps Sayid is the opposite, needing to take care of someone, maybe to alieve the guilt of loved ones lost.

Jessie

Quote from: Beefy on November 10, 2005, 10:30:11 AM
Quote from: Jessie on November 10, 2005, 08:43:05 AM

I'm still of the opinion that the "monster" is a reaction, not an action.  It appears as a result of someone doing or thinking or feeling something specific.

Much like shallow bitch getting fleshed out last night, I bet next week's episode will help us empathize with Ana Lucia more.  Though now that she shot shallow bitch, Ana has a rougher time ahead of her.
I think they already tried to soften her up a bit last night.

The 'I love you' was a bit much.  I never totally got that whole thing, either, but we learned in Speed that relationships that start in stressful situations never last anyway.  So, really, it's better for him that she's dead.

Beefy

Quote from: Jessie on November 10, 2005, 10:41:52 AM
So, really, it's better for us that she's dead.

Agreed.  Whiny biotch.

ignom

Quote from: Beefy on November 10, 2005, 10:44:24 AM

Agreed.  Whiny biotch.

I think that if you're going to have a character that will develop redeeming qualities, it's better to stick to Sawyer than deal with Shannon and Sawyer. More people already like and are more interested in Sawyer. Also, he's from Knoxville.

Jessie

Quote from: ignom on November 10, 2005, 10:54:44 AM
Quote from: Beefy on November 10, 2005, 10:44:24 AM

Agreed.  Whiny biotch.

I think that if you're going to have a character that will develop redeeming qualities, it's better to stick to Sawyer than deal with Shannon and Sawyer. More people already like and are more interested in Sawyer. Also, he's so hot.

I agree.