News:

mmmhhphh hmmph I chhoudnph hcjear youph wiff fis crunphing in my mouphthmph.

Main Menu

Lost Season 2 Discussion Thread

Started by Beef, September 16, 2005, 07:00:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alice

I got yelled at last night by my mom... it's been years since she's done that.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?  It's 8:30 on a Wednesday!!! YOU DON'T CALL SOMEONE DURING LOST!"

Then she hung up.  She called later and apologized, but said it was a really good episode and the phone ringing scared her.

Beefy

Quote from: Alice on February 09, 2006, 11:59:07 AM
I got yelled at last night by my mom... it's been years since she's done that.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?  It's 8:30 on a Wednesday!!! YOU DON'T CALL SOMEONE DURING LOST!"

Then she hung up.  She called later and apologized, but said it was a really good episode and the phone ringing scared her.

I called someone during commercial break last night to go AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH after they revealed who the gunfire came from.  And then again right after the show when they revealed who attacked Sun.

meredith

I made the mistake of calling someone during Lost once.  Luckily there was a commercial on.

Alice

I have a feeling you're both talking about the same someone.

Bennyhana

Wait....Are you saying Hatt was calling your mom?

Alice

Quote from: Bennyhana on February 09, 2006, 01:10:50 PM
No, but he could.  She'd totally talk to him.

Bennyhana

Quote from: Alice on February 09, 2006, 01:36:13 PM
Quote from: Bennyhana on February 09, 2006, 01:10:50 PM
No, but he could.  She'd totally do him.

There you go, Hatt.  Open season on Alice's mom.

Beefy

Kate's mom was the waitress at the diner waiting on Sawyer and Gordy last night.

DariusMDeV

Beefy

Also, the first appearance of the manuscript for Bad Twin was last night.  The other noteworthy literary reference was to An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge.

Beefy

Well, tonight the clock runs out.  Predictions?

meredith

Quote from: Beefy on February 15, 2006, 11:40:49 AM
Well, tonight the clock runs out.  Predictions?

The entire island will rumble, like it's going to sink or explode or something, but then it stops.  Later they discover that the button was for dumping the septic tank into the ocean.

Beefy

Nevermind, I just got the answer to my question.    :(

Bishamonten

meredith

Beefy

Quote from: hattmoward on February 15, 2006, 11:51:19 AM
Did you get spoiler'd?

I actively seek out the spoilers.  It keeps me from being disappointed later.  Such are the long running consequences of The Phantom Menace.

http://www.thetailsection.com

Beefy

The heiroglyphs:

http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/9863/lostoneofthem7097830gr.jpg

Linking in case it spoilers someone.

It has been translated already.  If you're interested, head over to the url I listed above and read what it means.

Beefy

Quote from: SayidWhat kind of mining did you do?

Quote from: Henry GaleNon-metallic metals.

This slipped by me last night.  More electronic field referencing.

meredith

Quote from: Beefy on February 16, 2006, 02:55:39 PM

I'm afraid I don't understand that statement.  Is he talking about semiconductor materials?

Beefy

Quote from: hattmoward on February 16, 2006, 03:00:15 PM

I'm afraid I don't understand that statement.  Is he talking about semiconductor materials?

The way I took is that he's talking about metals like aluminum, that have little to no magnetic properties.

meredith

Quote from: Beefy on February 16, 2006, 03:04:25 PM

The way I took is that he's talking about metals like aluminum, that have little to no magnetic properties.

He should have said nonferrous or nonferritic metals.  Certainly if he were in the industry, he would use the correct term, right?  Or non-magnetic if he were trying to talk to someone who may not know what the first two terms would mean.

Beefy

Quote from: hattmoward on February 16, 2006, 03:08:53 PM
Quote from: Beefy on February 16, 2006, 03:04:25 PM

He should have said nonferrous or nonferritic metals.  Certainly if he were in the industry, he would use the correct term, right?  Or non-magnetic if he were trying to talk to someone who may not know what the first two terms would mean.

I Googled it.  Apparently there is some precedent for calling them non-metallic metals (though you have to go through a ton of RPG figrue painting links to find anything).  If I'm reading this right.

This may just be one of those little fun hints they throw in - like the Alvar Hanso thing.

meredith

I know there was something about a magnet on or in the island... A material like aluminum is called paramagnetic, that is individual atoms all have a different magnetic alignment, so there is not remarkable field in its natural state, but it can be magnetized with a permanent magnet or used as the core of an electromagnet.

I'll let you draw your own strange conclusions with this information. :)

I don't know the Alvar Hanso thing.

Beefy

Quote from: hattmoward on February 16, 2006, 03:16:43 PM
I know there was something about a magnet on or in the island... A material like aluminum is called paramagnetic, that is individual atoms all have a different magnetic alignment, so there is not remarkable field in its natural state, but it can be magnetized with a permanent magnet or used as the core of an electromagnet.

I'll let you draw your own strange conclusions with this information. :)

I don't know the Alvar Hanso thing.

The words of Youph:

"And we all know there is a biiiiig magnet in the shelter, remember that episode where Jack's key was being pulled away from him?"

meredith

Quote from: Beefy on February 16, 2006, 03:29:00 PM
The words of Youph:

"And we all know there is a biiiiig magnet in the shelter, remember that episode where Jack's key was being pulled away from him?"

Who is Youph?

The interpration of those hieroglyphs that was posted to wikipedia is slightly different from the place above.  The image with the "translation", IMO, isn't clear at all.