News:

Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories.

Main Menu

The Time Traveler's Wife, starring Brad Pitt

Started by Beef, March 17, 2005, 06:50:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ignom

Should I read that book? I liked Slaughterhouse Five a lot.
Underneath this flabby exterior is an enormous lack of character.

Beefy

Jessie

I liked the book.  It wasn't life changing, but it was entertaining.

I read a long time ago that Brad and Jennifer were going to do the movie together.

I guess he's getting that in the divorce.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

nishi

Quote from: Beef on March 17, 2005, 07:07:57 PM
Wait for the movie.

i HEARTILY beg to differ. i've read the book two more times since it was a TFBC selection and the more i read it, the more impressed i am. part of the beauty of the book is coming to terms with the complicated relationships created by the enormous cracks created in the time continuum because of his condition, and i just don't think that is going to be captured in a 2 hour brad pitt film.
"we left the motherland to settle a colony on Juntoo.  hats with belt buckles."
-catchr

<- this is a prankapple.

Beefy

Oh, I wasn't basing anything off of a qualified opinion.  I haven't read it.  But he sounded like he wanted an answer, so I gave him one.

sapphirehart

I only got through half the book before I set it on my coffee table and I haven't picked it back up. 

eo000

Quote from: sapphirehart on March 17, 2005, 07:27:55 PM
I only got through half the book before I set it on my coffee table and I haven't picked it back up. 
do you just put stuff around it?
do you at least dust it?

sapphirehart

Quote from: eo000 on March 17, 2005, 07:29:58 PM
Quote from: sapphirehart on March 17, 2005, 07:27:55 PM
do you just put stuff around it?
do you at least dust it?

dust it? that would mean I clean my house.

nishi

Quote from: Beef on March 17, 2005, 07:16:14 PM
Oh, I wasn't basing anything off of a qualified opinion.  I haven't read it.  But he sounded like he wanted an answer, so I gave him one.

HAHAHAHAHA

ok. sorry. i'm having a rough evening and my humormeter had turned itself off. i have now reset it.
-catchr

<- this is a prankapple.

Gamplayerx

I really liked the book, except the part that I can't talk about with anybody who hasn't read the book so that I don't give away anything.

Hmm... perhaps I've said too much.

OBB

I'm going to read the book over the summer. I bought it for my mom for Christmas.

nishi

Quote from: Gamplayerx on March 17, 2005, 09:46:32 PM
I really liked the book, except the part that I can't talk about with anybody who hasn't read the book so that I don't give away anything.

you and i need to talk. i think that's why i've reread the book so much - THERE'S NO ONE TO DISCUSS IT WITH. i have to generate the entire conversation in my brain and you know - that's just not pretty.
-catchr

<- this is a prankapple.

ignom

If you want to give something away, give the book away, and by away, I mean mail it to me.

Gamplayerx

The library kinda frowns on people sending their books out of County, or I totally would.

sapphirehart

Quote from: ignom on March 17, 2005, 10:19:04 PM
If you want to give something away, give the book away, and by away, I mean mail it to me.

Do you really want the book?  I'm not going to finish it.  I'll be more than happy to send it to you.

Jessie

Quote from: nishi on March 17, 2005, 10:13:42 PM
Quote from: Gamplayerx on March 17, 2005, 09:46:32 PM

you and i need to talk. i think that's why i've reread the book so much - THERE'S NO ONE TO DISCUSS IT WITH. i have to generate the entire conversation in my brain and you know - that's just not pretty.

I'll talk about it with you!  I might need to refresh my memory though, I think I read it almost a year ago.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

ignom

Quote from: sapphirehart on March 17, 2005, 10:21:47 PM

Do you really want the book?  I'm not going to finish it.  I'll be more than happy to send it to you.

Yes, do you need my addy?

sapphirehart

Quote from: ignom on March 17, 2005, 10:24:32 PM
Quote from: sapphirehart on March 17, 2005, 10:21:47 PM

Yes, do you need my addy?

yeah, gmail it to me and I'll get the book mailed to you the first of the week.