News:

10/13/05 ReBurn nails the 90,000th post with a bullet! And what a bullet it was.

Main Menu

There's a place in France / There's a hole in the wall

Started by Listener, September 07, 2005, 10:13:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReBurn

11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Jessie

I'm so sad that nobody asked me to sing this to them.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Dry then Catch

you could get like a decorative tile and epoxy it on for the time being. 

cnamon

Jessie, I would love it if you sang this.  It will make the world a happier place.

Listener

(boy, I bet everyone's pissed for me bumping this thread and getting the song stuck in your head)

A recap:  when we moved in (4/28/06) we had to get the faucets in the guest bathtub replaced, so the plumbers had to cut a big square hole in the hallway wall to replace them.  For six months it sat there, the piece of drywall (fortunately they were good plumbers and didn't cut the studs) balanced in the hole.  In October, I went out and bought the spackle, sealing tape, and piece of wood to brace the drywall in place with.  It all sat in the basement until yesterday.

Yesterday afternoon, I finally screwed in the wood, attached the drywall square, and spackled it all down.  Now it just has to be sanded and painted (which can wait until we move out).

I feel manly.  It's my first major home repair that I did myself.  I've always been able to fix little stuff, but this, for me, is big.   :rock:

Bennyhana

This is one of those threads where I start reading it and I don't notice it's months old until I see a name like Ignom.

Oh, and good work for getting a home repair done.  Those of us who do such things for a living are notorious for not bringing our work home with us - myself included.

Listener

Quote from: Bennyhana on May 08, 2006, 06:26:12 PM
This is one of those threads where I start reading it and I don't notice it's months old until I see a name like Ignom.

Um... what happened to him, anyway?  Or is that a sore subject best left for PMs?

Alice

Quote from: Listener on May 08, 2006, 06:36:17 PM

Um... what happened to him, anyway?  Or is that a sore subject best left for PMs?
Every now and then, people disappear off this board because their lives have headed in a different direction.  :)

eo000

Quote from: Alice on May 08, 2006, 07:11:46 PM

Every now and then, people disappear off this board because their lives have headed in a different direction.  :)
and sometimes they become spies for the NSA, and drop off the map completely.

dazie

Quote from: eo000 on June 06, 2006, 08:13:12 AM

shuuuut upppp!  GEEZ!
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Jessie

Quote from: dazie on June 06, 2006, 08:20:59 AM

shuuuut upppp!  GEEZ!
It's ok, he's not with the NSA, he's in the witness protection program.  So it's ok.  His cover is fine.

Beefy

sneakyjimi007?

Jessie

Quote from: Beefy on June 06, 2006, 09:41:02 AM

sneakyjimi007?
hahaha