News:

Some people are alive only because it's illegal to kill.

Main Menu

There's a blind dude on Jeopardy

Started by ignom, March 16, 2005, 07:45:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ignom

It's the Jeopardy Tournament of Champions, so this guy has to be a big winner, but he is in last place right now.  He's a sports writer.
Underneath this flabby exterior is an enormous lack of character.

eo000

I remember him from a while back. he kicked ass when he was first on.

ignom

He came in second thanks to Final Jeopardy.

Dry then Catch

i guess there are no video daily doubles

Beefy

It's fun to make fun of blind people on Internet forums, since, you know, they can't see it.

Jessie

Quote from: Beef on March 16, 2005, 08:50:13 PM
It's fun to make fun of blind people on Internet forums, since, you know, they can't see it.

That's the same reason I talk about deaf people behind their backs.  Standing RIGHT behind their backs.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Beefy

Quote from: jessie on March 16, 2005, 08:53:14 PM
Quote from: Beef on March 16, 2005, 08:50:13 PM

That's the same reason I talk about deaf people behind their backs.  Standing RIGHT behind their backs.

HAHAHAHA

+2

ignom

I wasn't making fun of him. I think it's awesome that he can do something like that.

Beefy

charmed

It is pretty impressive because he keeps track of all the categories in his head.

ReBurn

Quote from: charmed on March 16, 2005, 10:10:19 PM
It is pretty impressive because he keeps track of all the categories in his head.
I bet he's just shining everyone on...
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

nishi

the entire hardware and software development team where i work, at the printing house for the blind consists of 8 guys - and 7 of them are blind. i am saying this for our geeks here - these guys write astounding code. they wrote the software we use in our recording studios and the attached software that basically helps turn the audiobook into a digital talking book.... and they wrote all that code without being able to see any of it.....

they are my geek heroes.
"we left the motherland to settle a colony on Juntoo.  hats with belt buckles."
-catchr

<- this is a prankapple.

ReBurn

Quote from: nishi on March 16, 2005, 10:12:45 PM
the entire hardware and software development team where i work, at the printing house for the blind consists of 8 guys - and 7 of them are blind. i am saying this for our geeks here - these guys write astounding code. they wrote the software we use in our recording studios and the attached software that basically helps turn the audiobook into a digital talking book.... and they wrote all that code without being able to see any of it.....

they are my geek heroes.
I am truly in awe!

I can't see a lot of the code I write, but that's because of the eyestrain and lack of interest.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

OBB

This all reminds me of a joke:

Why can't Helen Keller drive?

Because she's a woman.

Jessie

Quote from: OBB on March 16, 2005, 10:40:39 PM
This all reminds me of a joke:

Why can't Helen Keller drive?

Because she's a woman.

HAHA

I saw a book the other day with an entire chapter dedicated to Helen Keller jokes. 
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

cnamon

The guy on Jeopardy was also on Who Wants to be A Millionaire.  He writes for a paper in Northern VA...I don't remember which one.

He lost his eyesight when he was 2 due to ocular cancer. 

OBB

Quote from: cnamon on March 17, 2005, 07:12:11 AM
The guy on Jeopardy was also on Who Wants to be A Millionaire.  He writes for a paper in Northern VA...I don't remember which one.

Poor guy never even saw it coming.

Dry then Catch

Quote from: OBB on March 17, 2005, 08:50:10 AM
Quote from: cnamon on March 17, 2005, 07:12:11 AM

Poor guy never even saw it coming.

Poor "eye" never saw it coming.