News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Main Menu

Inception

Started by dots, July 23, 2010, 02:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dots

OMG.

Also, hella eye candy. I want to bite Tom Hardy's lower lip. Damn.
You're an asshole and I hate you.

dazie

"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Beefy

Speaking as a straight male... Tom Hardy is hot.

Jessie

I just GISed him.  I concur.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

swolt

Back to the movie, it was awesome. Ranked in my top 10 favorites movies of all time.
A clever man commits no minor blunders.

Jessie

As I stated on Facebook:  Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Matrix.  Damn entertaining, though, and the special effects were fabulous.

Gamplayerx

Quote from: Jessie on August 01, 2010, 03:40:00 PM
As I stated on Facebook:  Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Matrix.  Damn entertaining, though, and the special effects were fabulous.
Is that what that meant?  That you'd seen Inception?

Jessie

Yes.  That's what it meant to me.

I felt like I'd watched some hybrid of those two movies.

I liked it, though.

VikingJuice

swolt

They might not admit it, but Inception borrowed very heavy from two Phillip K. Dick books: A Maze of Death and UBIK.

If anyone wanted to know if I like either of those books, I would simple point out that the program that I have spent nearly 9 years working on is named UBEK in honor of UBIK.

So I really really liked this movie. I'd say it's the best Phillip K. Dick book-to-movie adaption, even though it wasn't.

CreepyMonkey

Quote from: swolt on August 03, 2010, 02:22:09 PM
They might not admit it, but Inception borrowed very heavy from two Phillip K. Dick books: A Maze of Death and UBIK.

If anyone wanted to know if I like either of those books, I would simple point out that the program that I have spent nearly 9 years working on is named UBEK in honor of UBIK.

So I really really liked this movie. I'd say it's the best Phillip K. Dick book-to-movie adaption, even though it wasn't.

Better than Blade Runner?
What the hell is this space used for?

swolt

Quote from: CreepyMonkey on August 06, 2010, 09:02:29 AM
Quote from: swolt on August 03, 2010, 02:22:09 PM

Better than Blade Runner?

Blade Runner is an outstanding sci-fi movie, one of my all time favorites, but it wasn't a good adaption of the book. It's like Jurassic Park, the book and the movie are connected by an idea, but the story for each is very different. "Do androids dream of electric sheep?" (The book Blade Runner is based on) is my favorite book ever. I have often wished they would make a sequal to Blade Runner and include some of the themes from the book.
"Kibble" is a word they use in the book, and I love it. I say it in my head a lot, although not out loud because no one understands what it means.

grace

on my list to see, for sure.