News:

A child can go only so far in life without potty training. It is not mere coincidence that six of the last seven presidents were potty trained, not to mention nearly half of the nation's state legislators.

Main Menu

Dear People of Facebook:

Started by dazie, June 21, 2010, 09:55:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dazie

If I know you and your family, and you allow your underaged child to sign up for a Facebook account, I will narc on said child.

XOXO,

me.
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Jessie

Narc on them if they do something bad? 
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

dazie

Narc on them to Facebook for being underage users.

eo000

why's it your business? you the innerweb police?

Jessie

Quote from: dazie on June 21, 2010, 10:40:43 PM
Narc on them to Facebook for being underage users.
Oooh.  Lots of people seem to be letting their very young kids sign up.  I still don't really like Timothy having an account. 

dazie

Quote from: eo000 on June 22, 2010, 06:59:07 AM
why's it your business? you the innerweb police?

Well, no.  But in the groups of people I hang out with, and have hung out with in the past, it's always been that the kids end up having parents watching out for them AND "Aunties" and "Uncles" who watch too.  So if Mom & Dad aren't around, Auntie or Uncle can say "no- you may not do that."

Now, in these particular cases, Mom & Dad have said yes, which kind of negates what I just wrote, so sometimes I just feel like a bitch.  It's a rule that you have to be 13 to be on Facebook.  This is not a huge deal, it's not like a rule stating you must be a male to be taught to read or you can only work in a factory if you're a female.  It isn't an unfair rule that should be fought.

By allowing underaged kids to have FB accounts as "rewards" for good behavior or just because you think it's a dumb rule- what are the kids learning?  That there are no "legal" rewards and the rules only apply if we like them.  I think that's a poor lesson.

eo000

do you not speed, or jay walk with your kids around, or is this rule that you follow only good when it's convenient to you?

dazie

I don't, really.  Maybe speed. 

But they don't go to R rated movies without an adult present, they don't order off the kids' menu when they're too old, and they didn't have FB accounts until they were 13.  Well, I think Tim was like 17 when he got an account.  But Kate had to wait until she was 13.

Remember- I was raised by Marine officers, and my mom was a teacher AND the head of the discipline committee at my high school.  Not only did I never have a date until after I graduated, but I had a strong sense of "follow the rules" instilled in me at a young age. 

Jessie

I am guilty of taking kids prices for my too old kid.  I feel like a dirtbag every time.  :-/ 

For most everything else, I'm too honest for my own good.

swolt

Billy is getting a facebook account this weekend. He feels the need to share with everyone when is taking a poop.
A clever man commits no minor blunders.

dazie

Infobahn

Quote from: swolt on June 22, 2010, 09:54:28 AM
Billy is getting a facebook account this weekend. He feels the need to share with everyone when is taking a poop.

That's not Facebook, he needs to be on Twitter for that.

grace

Quote from: swolt on June 22, 2010, 09:54:28 AM

so does everyone else @ 20...way too much info. which makes me wonder what is important anymore?