News:

Do you all even read these?

Main Menu

Mozilla/Firefox and IE browser problems

Started by VikingJuice, April 06, 2010, 10:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VikingJuice

Okay you technical folks, I have a problem with my computer since about Sunday.  My browsers keep freezing and unfreezing about every 3 seconds or so.  FF has a help board that discusses this but didn't seem very helpful for me.  Even as I type this, every so many words fail to appear as I type and then appear a second or two later.

When I change webpages or load something new, it repeats this freeze/unlock pattern.

I've run my AVG anti virus, a squared security package, CC Cleaner and Registry Fix.  A couple viruses have been found and eliminated and Reg Fix caught about 50 errors that have since been cleaned up but the problems persist.

This seems to have started around Sunday evening.  I'm also having this problem with IE so it isn't just limited to FF.  I did load the latest version of FF 3.6.3 I believe and it still seems to have the problem.  Nothing else is running in the background that I can identify.  I even defragged my machine thinking that might be related.

It's as if something isn't refreshing or loading properly for various pages.

Can anyone help?

swolt

That is not a problem I've heard before. If you get a chance today I can remote into your PC and look at it. Do you have my cell number?
A clever man commits no minor blunders.