News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Main Menu

DVR

Started by VikingJuice, March 04, 2010, 02:05:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VikingJuice

I doubt this is a new topic but I didn't see it anywhere (though in fairness, I didn't look very hard either).

I just got DVR 2 weeks ago.  It's been like discovering fire or the wheel.  How did I ever function without this beautiful creation??  I've watched so many shows in the last 14 days that I normally miss.  I've got entertainment anytime I want it because I set it to record many of my favorites that are in syndication.  Now I can watch something I like no matter what is actually on TV at the time.  Plus, I can now record all those history channel specials that run in the late hours or while I'm normally at work.

THIS IS SOOOO F-ING AWESOME!!

This is as life altering as when I moved out of my mom's place after I graduated from school.

Infobahn

Wait until you have two.  One is just for my Kid's shows, the other is for me.

Jessie

I love my DVR, but I still haven't figured out how it works exactly.  I'm sure there's a way to record one show and watch another, but damn if I've figured out what it is yet.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Beefy

I'm sort of glad I don't have one.  Being addicted to one show is enough.

BigDun

We love our HD Tivo. I think we have a terrabyte of storage on it.
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

Infobahn

I know we can hook an external drive to our DirecTV HD DVR for extra storage.

VikingJuice

Quote from: BigDun on March 04, 2010, 12:22:49 PM
We love our HD Tivo. I think we have a terrabyte of storage on it.

As Beavis and Butthead used to say, "BOING!!"

Gamplayerx

BigDun is the undisputed king of dvr. 

ReBurn

We have HD DVR through the cable company. I've come to think of it in the same way as I think about oxygen. I like that I can record TruTV since my wife isn't a fan of TruTV. How could you not be a fan of TruTV?
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Beefy

I don't know what TruTV is...

ReBurn

Shamefully, it's a network with pretty much nothing but shows like Cops, crazy police chases and people doing stupid things to themselves and others when drunk. Shamefully.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Beefy

It was only a matter of time before Jackass got its own dedicated network.

swolt

TruTV is awesome. And by awesome I mean if you are having a shitty day you can watch it for 5 minutes and feel really good about yourself.
A clever man commits no minor blunders.