Jessie

Everett has eaten:

Multiple Xbox controllers
Laptop charger
at least 5 pairs of shoes
pillows
plastic bowls
back scratcher
99% of the dog toys Ive bought him (the rope toys and tire toys seem to last longer than anything else.  kong toys and their ilk don't stand a chance)
Anything fleece.  He LOVES fleece, but he tears it into tiny little pieces.
He ate a hole out of one of my hoodies

Basically, anything that he can reach at night is fair game.  He's a giant, so it's like trying to babyproof the house from a 10 year old.

we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

dazie

We had to keep Zeus in his crate all night for almost two years before he calmed down enough to get left out.

Between him and Libby we've lost countless headphones (including some really nice ones) Tim's mac cord, my Birkenstocks, lots of homework (seriously!), random pairs of underpants (eew), socks, rolls of toilet paper, utensils, bowls, half a peach pie (that was just recently), belts, extension cords, a cell phone, couch cushions and China's collar.

And then some.

Dogs suck, actually.
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

BigDun

Good thing Swolt's dog will have a baby to chew on.
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

meredith

Quote from: dazie on March 04, 2010, 11:22:47 PM
I concur.  I have more damage done by the (relatively) tiny dog than by the giant moose.

THAT'S RIGHT, IT'S THE LITTLE ONE THAT WILL ROCK YOUR WORLD BABY

YOU HEAR THAT, EVERYONE???

Jessie

Quote from: dazie on March 05, 2010, 10:14:09 AM
We had to keep Zeus in his crate all night for almost two years before he calmed down enough to get left out.

Between him and Libby we've lost countless headphones (including some really nice ones) Tim's mac cord, my Birkenstocks, lots of homework (seriously!), random pairs of underpants (eew), socks, rolls of toilet paper, utensils, bowls, half a peach pie (that was just recently), belts, extension cords, a cell phone, couch cushions and China's collar.

And then some.

Dogs suck, actually.
We're back to crating Ev at night, but starting tonight he's getting Benadryl first becuase he's stressing himself so much about being locked up that his face, neck and chest are SOAKED in drool in the morning. 

Dogs do suck.  But they're also wonderful.

grace

wow, makes my hounds look like saints.

jackson will eat money, but only paper and not the entire bill. so far a 20 and and a 1. i was able to find pieces with a serial # and my bank was nice enough to replace them. they gave jackson dog cookies thru the drive drawer window.
go figure, a reward for a bad?

Jessie

We gave up on trying to crate Everett at night.  I don't know why, suddenly, his crate terrifies him, but it does.  We just have to be sure to pick up EVERYTHING that he might be able to reach before going to bed at night.   Poor guy.

Dry then Catch

much like their children, white people's dogs are unruly, undisciplined and lack an innate sense of class and modesty

sapphirehart

Delta (chocolate lab) likes to get in the bed with me and Buck when I sleep over. She climbs right in between us and tries to push me off the bed. 

swolt

5 days with no accidents in the house! woohoo! And he goes to the door and asked to be let out all on his own.

We got a spray bottle with vinegar and water and spray in his mouth when he tries to bite us or something he shouldn't bite, and he gets a treat when he plays with his chew toys. He is figuring out what is his and what he can't have. He also gets a treat when he goes in his kennel and his favorite toys are in there so he doesn't seem to mind.

This week he has really seemed to catch on and be easier to train.

He also talks alot, which is really funny. I've never had a dog that was so vocal. He sighs when he is content, and also when he is frustrated (like when he gets sprayed in the mouth.)
If you sit and talk with him he talks back, but not barking, more like a mumble. It is very cute.
A clever man commits no minor blunders.

swolt

Oh I forgot to post this too.

Yesterday we took him to mom and dad's and he got to see his mother and sister. He is a little bigger than his sister and was beating her up at first, but then she had enough and grabbed his collar and threw him down. Then she taught him to swim in the pond. We were there most of the day, and by the time we left he was completely worn out. He loves riding in the car and sticking his head out the window but he was knocked out before we got on the main road.
A clever man commits no minor blunders.

BigDun

Quote from: swolt on March 15, 2010, 05:51:47 PM

Yesterday we took him to mom and dad's and he got to see his mother and sister. He is a little bigger than his sister and was beating her up at first, but then she had enough and grabbed his collar and threw him down. Then she taught him to swim in the pond. We were there most of the day, and by the time we left he was completely worn out. He loves riding in the car and sticking his head out the window but he was knocked out before we got on the main road.

If you are going to let him hang his head out of the window in a moving car, get him some of these.
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

grace

Quote from: swolt on March 15, 2010, 05:51:47 PM

awww, dogs have to be social too. hangin a head out the window is fun and part of social.
mine hang and slobber all over the windows...and smile big time!
bein social wears them out too!
i'd be a bad owner, if i didn't get them out and about once a week at least!