News:

In spite of the cost of living, it's still quite popular.

Main Menu

3D continues to vomit all over everything

Started by Beefy, January 25, 2010, 09:47:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessie

It's not the 3D that bothers me so much as the incessant remaking of old stories.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Dry then Catch

Gamplayerx

dc

Gamplayerx

Quote from: dc on January 25, 2010, 11:31:11 PM
Quote from: Gamplayerx on January 25, 2010, 10:50:46 PM
Everything old is new again!

I don't feel new.
You're not old yet.  Give it another year -- then you'll be totally in vogue!

ReBurn

The 3D in Avatar was quite novel. But I don't feel like it actually added anything to the experience. I would have been just as happy if it wasn't in 3D, and I would have saved 5 bucks. I totally kept the glasses.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

BigDun

You must admit that 3D is (at least an attempt at) giving consumers a compelling reason to get away from their 105" hidef plasma screens and go back to the movies.
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

Bennyhana

Quote from: BigDun on January 28, 2010, 03:09:38 PM
You must admit that 3D is (at least an attempt at) giving consumers a compelling reason to get away from their 105" hidef plasma screens and go back to the movies.
Admit that it's a desperate attempt to prove they have ANYTHING to give to consumers?  Yes, I must admit that.

Beefy

Quote from: BigDun on January 28, 2010, 03:09:38 PM

I'd prefer compelling stories over visual gimmicks.  Alas, the mass audience does not.  So we'll probably get another Chipmunks movie as a result.

ReBurn

ReBurn

Hopefully the next Transformers is actually good.

Jessie

Quote from: ReBurn on February 04, 2010, 03:26:46 PM
And here I thought I had the market cornered on unrealistic idealism around here.

ReBurn

Quote from: Jessie on February 04, 2010, 04:56:44 PM
And here I thought I had the market cornered on unrealistic idealism around here.
I think the plot will be that the transformers realize that it is better for the environment if they stop using energon and let themselves shut down. The world will be a more beautiful place if there's nobody living in it.

BigDun

Quote from: ReBurn on February 05, 2010, 09:24:34 AM
I think the plot will be that the transformers realize that it is better for the environment if they stop using energon and let themselves shut down. The world will be a more beautiful place if there's nobody living in it.

Have you seen any of the series on the History Channel called Life After People? It's pretty cool.
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

Jessie

Quote from: BigDun on February 05, 2010, 11:59:14 AM

Have you seen any of the series on the History Channel called Life After People? It's pretty cool.
Yeah, it really is.

Beefy

Quote from: BigDun on February 05, 2010, 11:59:14 AM

I have the Blu-Ray of the first special they did.

Infobahn

VikingJuice

Quote from: Beefy on March 07, 2010, 01:16:34 PM
Bleck.

http://www.collider.com/2010/03/07/weekend-box-office-alice-in-wonderland-sets-new-3d-and-non-sequel-debut-records-with-1163-million/

Just saw a full trailer of this last night, looks really boring to me.  Before I was neutral about this film, now I'm completely against going to see it.  Looks like a sucky acid trip with Depp playing Depp.

On a different note, and this doesn't quite fit in this thread since it wasn't 3D, I saw The Crazies yesterday on a date and loved it!

The date was good too but the movie was very fun.  It's not great cinema and it's not great horror, but it's solid, well paced and has a somewhat unique ending to a horror flick.  Though my hand on my date's thigh might have influenced my response.  I'm having a difficult separating the two.

Perhaps I should see Alice after all and just bring the same date...

sapphirehart

Quote from: VikingJuice on March 07, 2010, 05:45:21 PM
Quote from: Beefy on March 07, 2010, 01:16:34 PM
Bleck.

http://www.collider.com/2010/03/07/weekend-box-office-alice-in-wonderland-sets-new-3d-and-non-sequel-debut-records-with-1163-million/

Just saw a full trailer of this last night, looks really boring to me.  Before I was neutral about this film, now I'm completely against going to see it.  Looks like a sucky acid trip with Depp playing Depp.

On a different note, and this doesn't quite fit in this thread since it wasn't 3D, I saw The Crazies yesterday on a date and loved it!

The date was good too but the movie was very fun.  It's not great cinema and it's not great horror, but it's solid, well paced and has a somewhat unique ending to a horror flick.  Though my hand on my date's thigh might have influenced my response.  I'm having a difficult separating the two.

Perhaps I should see Alice after all and just bring the same date...

just my two cents........if you take your date to see AIW...she will really like you lots...I mean, come on....you are taking her to see Johnny Depp!  even with all that hideous make up on, he was STILL sexy!

dots

I haven't seen Avatar. I was going to see it, but we planned on going drunk after a hockey game so we could talk shit about it. We decided to nap instead. I think we made the right choice.

All I heard about Avatar and AIW is about how awesome it looks in 3D. Nothing about the plot...just that I should eat a brownie and it will be an amazing experience.
You're an asshole and I hate you.

Dry then Catch

Quote from: dots on March 09, 2010, 04:31:30 PM
I haven't seen Avatar. I was going to see it, but we planned on going drunk after a hockey game so we could talk shit about it. We decided to nap instead. I think we made the right choice.

All I heard about Avatar and AIW is about how awesome it looks in 3D. Nothing about the plot...just that I should eat a brownie and it will be an amazing experience.

here's a tip
if you can get glasses from someone who has already seen it buy tickets to another movie and then just sneak in