News:

Two rules to success in life: 1. Don't tell people everything you know.

Main Menu

So I finally went to see Avatar.

Started by ReBurn, January 21, 2010, 10:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReBurn

I rather enjoyed it. I was surprised. I thought I was going to hate it, but I didn't. Plus I saw it in that newfangled 3D that only hurt my eyes for the first half-hour or so.

I don't want to run off and live with that Na'vi, though.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

VikingJuice

Quote from: ReBurn on January 21, 2010, 10:54:10 PM
I rather enjoyed it. I was surprised. I thought I was going to hate it, but I didn't. Plus I saw it in that newfangled 3D that only hurt my eyes for the first half-hour or so.

I did find myself wanting to hook up with the Na'vi female lead.  Kinda hot for a 10 foot tall blue chick.

swolt

Quote from: VikingJuice on January 21, 2010, 11:12:04 PM

I did find myself wanting to hook up with the Na'vi female lead.  Kinda hot for a 10 foot tall blue dude.
A clever man commits no minor blunders.

VikingJuice

Quote from: swolt on January 22, 2010, 02:16:13 PM
Quote from: VikingJuice on January 21, 2010, 11:12:04 PM

I did find myself wanting to hook up with the Na'vi female lead.  Kinda hot for a 10 foot tall blue dude.

Female.

ReBurn

I gotta admit that I spent more time than I should have trying to see if there was some CGI nipple.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

VikingJuice

Quote from: ReBurn on January 22, 2010, 08:10:23 PM
I gotta admit that I spent more time than I should have trying to see if there was some CGI nipple.

Guilty here too.

Beefy

Turned it off after a half hour or so.  Glittery and polished, but also silly and uninvolving.  And I thought the avatars looked less than great.

The 3D must have been something else, since there's no way anything else drove those grosses.

meredith

Beefy

Okay, I finished it.  Not so bad.  Got better as it went along.  Still, far too long and far too much of everything.  Pandora never felt like a real world, just a bunch of outlandish ideas glommed together.  I can see where the 3D would have been amazing in places.

I find it funny that Sam Worthington's Avatar had more life in it than he does on screen.  And why not just let him be Australian in the film?  He couldn't hold the accent down.

I did want to punch Giovanni Ribisi in the face, which I think you're supposed to do, so it succeeded there.

CreepyMonkey

Quote from: VikingJuice on January 22, 2010, 11:07:19 PM

Guilty here too.

THANK YOU!

At least you guys admit it. When I came out and told my cinephiliac friends the truth, that I WAS TRYING TO SEE NIPPLES, they pooh poohed me and gave me the snooty brush off.

Well, dammit. Its the truth. I'm sorry. I'm a man for goodness sake!

Though I'm trying to figure out, if you have sex with an alien, do they call it xenoiality?
What the hell is this space used for?

swolt

Quote from: CreepyMonkey on May 20, 2010, 06:41:44 PM

Guilty here too.

THANK YOU!

At least you guys admit it. When I came out and told my cinephiliac friends the truth, that I WAS TRYING TO SEE NIPPLES, they pooh poohed me and gave me the snooty brush off.

Though I'm trying to figure out, if you have sex with an alien, do they call it xenoiality?

They call it kirkiality.

Beefy

Infobahn

VikingJuice

Quote from: swolt on May 21, 2010, 12:37:52 PM

Guilty here too.

THANK YOU!

They call it kirkiality.

++

Nice.

swolt

Quote from: VikingJuice on June 08, 2010, 07:36:19 PM

Guilty here too.

THANK YOU!

They call it kirkiality.

++

Nice.

Thank you. I was thinking it had been lost.

VikingJuice

Quote from: swolt on June 08, 2010, 09:53:56 PM

Guilty here too.

THANK YOU!

They call it kirkiality.

++

Nice.

It was only lost because I've been offline for a while.  Back in the normal flow again for at least a few weeks.  Then I'm off to vacation around the country.

CreepyMonkey

Guilty here too.

THANK YOU!

They call it kirkiality.

++

Nice.

I also appreciated it. I'm just lame at acknowledging teh funnay.
What the hell is this space used for?

dazie

Quote from: VikingJuice on June 09, 2010, 08:53:06 PM

Guilty here too.

THANK YOU!

They call it kirkiality.

++

Nice.

It was only lost because I've been offline for a while.  Back in the normal flow again for at least a few weeks.  Then I'm off to vacation around the country.

Kansas?
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

VikingJuice

Quote from: dazie on June 09, 2010, 09:29:23 PM
Quote from: VikingJuice on June 09, 2010, 08:53:06 PM

Guilty here too.

THANK YOU!

They call it kirkiality.

++

Nice.

Kansas?

Everywhere but it seems.  San Fran, Napa, Sonoma, Philly, New York and then Boston.  The first three are a family trip, the next two are with my GF to meet her sister and then Boston is a school field trip for a grant I'm in.  I'm looking forward to all of it because I've never been to any of those places.