News:

Speaking as a chick, I just can't get enough of the wang bone.

Main Menu

Sad

Started by Beefy, February 04, 2007, 11:30:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dazie

That made me cry.

When Barbie came out with the Rapunzel doll, acquaintances of mine rushed to get one for their niece.  The only one left was the black Rapunzel.  When gift giving time came, the niece got a white Rapunzel that someone had paid 3x the price for, and the black Rapunzel was given to a family friend's daughter.  It wasn't "good" enough for the niece.

That crap's gotta stop.
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Jessie

My favorite doll growing up was Emily.  She was black.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Beefy

The little girl who hesitates when asked which doll she looks like... just heartbreaking.

Alice

That really surprised me.  If I were still a little girl, I'd want white dolls because I could relate them to me better... I would have assumed that a black girl would feel the same way about a black doll.  That's awful.

Jessie

Yeah, when she looked confused, that was really sad.

I find that so hard to believe, that those children think the white babies are good, and the black bad.  How does that even happen?
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

dazie

I would be interested to see what the results are if the "test" is performed in an area with a majority of black people- ie: somewhere in Africa or the Caribbean.

OR- if you gave an oriental child a black doll and an oriental or a white doll and an oriental doll.

Beefy

Quote from: dazie on February 04, 2007, 05:02:53 PM
OR- if you gave an oriental child a black doll and an oriental or a white doll and an oriental doll.

The oriental doll would be considered a decent doll, save always wanting to know everyone's genders.

dazie

Quote from: Beefy on February 04, 2007, 05:12:36 PM
Quote from: dazie on February 04, 2007, 05:02:53 PM

The oriental doll would be considered a decent doll, save always wanting to know everyone's genders.

And being occasionally incoherent.  *nods*