News:

A child can go only so far in life without potty training. It is not mere coincidence that six of the last seven presidents were potty trained, not to mention nearly half of the nation's state legislators.

Main Menu

Be careful if you're looking to buy a used Xbox 360

Started by ReBurn, November 11, 2009, 12:13:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReBurn

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/8354166.stm

Microsoft is banning consoles from accessing Xbox Live if they detect that the console has been modified. That includes mod chips and non-sanctioned firmware upgrades. They tend to do this before major game releases, and with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 dropping this week the timing makes sense.

I've also heard rumblings that non-licensed storage devices are also going to stop working in the next system update from Microsoft. That means that non-licensed memory cards like the one that Datel makes to support SD flash memory will stop working. It also means that if you've modified your hard drive and upgraded it without buying one of Microsoft's overpriced hard drives that it will also stop working. Some people crack the enclosure and swap the disc, then install modified firmware on the hard drive so that it will work with the system.

I guess Microsoft takes those pirates seriously.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Beefy

Jessie

Quote from: Beefy on November 11, 2009, 12:38:32 PM
You have off for the holiday, ReBurn?

hahahahahahahhahahahaha

that made me laugh way too hard, and I'm glad my boss just walked out of my office.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.