News:

A child can go only so far in life without potty training. It is not mere coincidence that six of the last seven presidents were potty trained, not to mention nearly half of the nation's state legislators.

Main Menu

R.I.P. Swayze

Started by Beefy, September 14, 2009, 07:25:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beefy

Jessie

People getting truly upset by Kanye annoyed me but Swayze dying makes me kind of sad.

I guess I'm a hypocrite.  So be it.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

pumpkineye

:(

Man, baby is totally going to be put in the corner now.

At least he had the time of his life.

VikingJuice

I didn't like many of his movies but I liked him as a person.  Seemed like a good guy.  I had an English teacher in HS who knew him well and taught part-time at Swayze's mother's dance school.  She said she watched him grow up from about 10 on.  She always spoke very highly of him, said he was a really good person who would give you the shirt off his back-even when he wasn't dancing.

Not that it matters, but I ALWAYS watch Roadhouse when it comes on.  It's like a magnet that I can't avoid.

Sorry to see him suffer like he did.  That was the really sad part.  Him passing is at least a relief for him and the pain he endured.  Godspeed my good man.

Beefy

Quote from: VikingJuice on September 14, 2009, 08:23:05 PM
I didn't like many of his movies but I liked him as a person.  Seemed like a good guy.  I had an English teacher in HS who knew him well and taught part-time at Swayze's mother's dance school.  She said she watched him grow up from about 10 on.  She always spoke very highly of him, said he was a really good person who would give you the shirt off his back-even when he wasn't dancing.

Not that it matters, but I ALWAYS watch Roadhouse when it comes on.  It's like a magnet that I can't avoid.

Sorry to see him suffer like he did.  That was the really sad part.  Him passing is at least a relief for him and the pain he endured.  Godspeed my good man.

You said it better than I could. 

I need to buy Roadhouse.  And Steel Dawn.

Infobahn

I have the same Roadhouse attraction.  Love it.

meredith

dazie

These past few months have felt like my whole teenage life is dying. 

I don't like it.

Duran Duran better not go anywhere.  :(
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

grace

Quote from: Infobahn on September 14, 2009, 09:00:03 PM
I have the same Roadhouse attraction.  Love it.

me too!   sam Elliott was such the dog in that flick, just love it. who played the blind musician, behind the plexiglas? 
i will miss swayze, he was unique.

Infobahn

It was Chicken Wire. Jeff Healey.

Gamplayerx

Quote from: Infobahn on September 14, 2009, 11:04:23 PM
Also dead. 

RIP Swayze.  Back long, long ago, a friend of mine was in a ballet company with him and his wife.  That's the end of my story.  It's not very good.  Sorry.

Alice

Quote from: Gamplayerx on September 15, 2009, 01:31:08 PM
Quote from: Infobahn on September 14, 2009, 11:04:23 PM
Also dead. 

RIP Swayze.  Back long, long ago, a friend of mine was in a ballet company with him and his wife.  That's the end of my story.  It's not very good.  Sorry.

It's better than any Swayze story I have.

Jessie

VikingJuice

Quote from: hatt on September 14, 2009, 09:52:00 PM

In no time flat, the internet sinks its nasty tentacles into Mr. Swayze. :tsk:

Jessie

I'm pretty sure they're sinking them into Kanye, really.

Alice

Quote from: Jessie on September 15, 2009, 07:25:20 PM
I'm pretty sure they're sinking them into Kanye, really.

They certainly sunk their tentacles into his hair.