News:

04/07/05 1000th thread provided by Cnamon! This isn't really JuntoOnline. It's CnamonOnline!

Main Menu

I hate Sean Hannity, so this makes me happy

Started by Listener, August 11, 2005, 04:15:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Listener

http://www.bostonphoenix.com/boston/news_features/this_just_in/documents/04872352.asp

The article:

A few weeks ago, we introduced you to Brooklyn indie agit-popsters Kids Against Combs, who'd just finished an album that used the private phone number of Fox News loudmouth Sean Hannity as its title. (See "Combs Nail Hannity," This Just In, July 15.)

Sean Hannity (631) 673-8003 was set to be released on July 21 by 10-34 Records. But, according to a press release sent out last week by the band, Kids Against Combs and 10-34 were issued papers on July 15 from Hannity's attorneys, "threatening to sue both parties if they proceeded with releasing an album named after Hannity's home phone number and containing the political pundit's home address in the CD's liner notes." (The digits, meanwhile, are now disconnected; "changed to an unlisted number," says the recording.)

The band also alleges that spies from the Hannity camp — or at least some people who "looked extremely conservative Republican" and "not the type of folk that would be at any sort of live performance, except for maybe Paul Anka or Wayne Newton" — arrived to scope out a KAC performance the next day. Luckily, the band had freshly printed copies of the album for sale, sans home address and retitled The Album Formerly Known As Sean Hannity's Phone Number ... Currently Sean Hannity Is a Democracy Subverting Douche Bag.

Despite the fact that 66 percent of our Style and Usage Panel prefer that "douchebag" be written as a compound word, they're in unanimous agreement that the new title works just as well.

While I disagree with what the band stands for, I hate Sean Hannity so much (his radio show is absolutely atrocious in its production and timekeeping, and he spends 40% of it promoting his book and his TV show, and that's just the surface of why I hate him) that this actually made me laugh.  Good for the band.

dazie

I don't know of any of those people mentioned.  I can assume though, that Sean Hannity is some right wing annoying radio guy?
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Listener

Quote from: dazie on August 11, 2005, 04:31:10 PM
I don't know of any of those people mentioned.  I can assume though, that Sean Hannity is some right wing annoying radio guy?

Yes, he is quite right-wing, and quite the asshole.  And I'm a conservative, so for me to say I hate him means quite a lot.

In the radio world, they call him the Baby Jesus.  He gets ratings.  Which makes no sense at all.  He squeezes out much better LOCAL shows.  He promos himself incessantly.  He never lets anyone else talk.  He misses breaks.  He talks over his sounders.  He runs a two-to-three-minute opening on occasion.  His ego is the size of Jupiter.

Politically, I'd say I agree with him about 60-65% of the time.  But that's not enough for me to support his show in any way, shape, or form.

My old website, before I deleted it from my server, was #1 on the 'net for a google search of sean hannity sucks, with or without quotation marks.  I was proud of that.

VikingJuice

Sean Hannity Is a Democracy Subverting Douche Bag

Finally!!!  The truth comes out.  I hate this guy. 

And kudos to Listener for speaking out against loud mouth scum bags even if you agree with his platform to some degree.  It's nice to hear criticism of the right from the right.  I criticize both sides often because neither has their house in order in my mind.

Beefy

Hannity sucks, but Savage is a true douchebag.

Listener

Quote from: Beefy on August 11, 2005, 08:03:58 PM
Hannity sucks, but Savage is a true douchebag.

Lord yes... Michael Savage is an intelligent, well-read individual who goes batshit crazy the moment something happens with which he does not agree.  All the brains and all the reading will not save you from batshittitude.  I used to have to board-op the Michael Savage show.

*yaaaaaaaargh*

Beefy

Oddly enough, I don't find Coulter problematic anymore.  At least she's open about her goals - she wants to entertain and make money.  And she does a good job at it.  She used to really piss me off.

On the flip side, I don't think Al Franken is particularly funny or insightful.  Michael Moore used to be a fun muckraker but has let his own celebrity become the focus of all of his work, which completely undermines him when he actually has a legitmate point to make.  Plus, speaking as someone who owns Bowling for Columbine and thinks it's an important movie, Moore is an opportunistic liar.

I've gotten to the point where I eschew all political commentary except John Stewart, and I don't even see him unless by accident.

BigDun

I believe that Morgan Spurlock (of "Super Size Me" and "30 Days" fame) has eclipsed both Michael Moore and Al Franken for liberal commentary teh funnay.
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

ignom

Quote from: BigDun on August 11, 2005, 11:23:00 PM
I believe that Morgan Spurlock (of "Super Size Me" and "30 Days" fame) has eclipsed both Michael Moore and Al Franken for liberal commentary teh funnay.

That wasn't exactly a difficult feat.
Underneath this flabby exterior is an enormous lack of character.

ursus

My life is empty with out someone to tell me how to think.
I was just wondering...

Jessie

There's a radio show, it might be Savage, that is just awful.  Lots of talk of killing brown people and stuff like that.

I still haven't seen Bowling for Columbine, but I laughed and cried through F911.

I don't know anything about Sean Hannity.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Alice

Quote from: ursus on August 11, 2005, 11:57:21 PM
Um, isn't that why you got married?

Beefy

Quote from: Jessie on August 12, 2005, 08:14:32 AM
There's a radio show, it might be Savage, that is just awful.  Lots of talk of killing brown people and stuff like that.

I still haven't seen Bowling for Columbine, but I laughed and cried through F911.

I don't know anything about Sean Hannity.

Michael Savage is the person who, during his radio show while thinking he was currently off air, told a caller that because he was gay he was a sodomite that deserved to get AIDS like the rest of them.

Deplorable.

Jessie

I used to listen to somebody out of California (I think) en route to Knoxville on Friday nights.  Is that him?

Also, after reading the Time article on Anne Coulter, I agree with your assessment.  She's an entertainer, and she's enjoying every minute of people taking her crap seriously.  She's kind of comical when you look at it like that.

ursus

Quote from: AliceLiddell on August 12, 2005, 08:32:26 AM
Quote from: ursus on August 11, 2005, 11:57:21 PM
Um, isn't that why you got married?
I don't know, ask Dazie.
I was just wondering...

ReBurn

I like to listen to the conspiracy theory nuts on that Coast to Coast AM show.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Listener

Quote from: ReBurninator on August 12, 2005, 12:42:38 PM

Yeah, they're always amusing.  I particularly enjoyed an episode about five years ago when Art Bell spent FIVE HOURS talking to a guy who SWORE he traveled through time.

ReBurn

Quote from: Listener on August 13, 2005, 03:22:36 PM

Yeah, they're always amusing.  I particularly enjoyed an episode about five years ago when Art Bell spent FIVE HOURS talking to a guy who SWORE he traveled through time.
I heard another guy talking about the same thing a couple of weeks ago.  He said that there is a law enforcement agency that is trying to track down time travelers.  I thought of TimeCop.

Mia Sara is hot.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Listener

Quote from: ReBurninator on August 13, 2005, 03:28:34 PM

I heard another guy talking about the same thing a couple of weeks ago.  He said that there is a law enforcement agency that is trying to track down time travelers.  I thought of TimeCop.

Mia Sara is hot.

Yes she is, and this link may take you to her in all her nekkid glory.

Another hot Mia:  Mia Kirshner, who tried to kill the president on 24.  Semi-NSFW.

TimeCop didn't make much sense to me... I remember leaving the theater slightly confused.

Time travel has too many paradoxes to be realistic.  If you change the past, then the you of the future that came back to change the  past may not have existed at all, or may not have existed in such a way that enabled you to go back in time, or in such a way that you'd even want to.

Paradoxes are teh_scuk.

ursus

Quote from: Listener on August 14, 2005, 08:35:14 AM
Quote from: ReBurninator on August 13, 2005, 03:28:34 PM

Yeah, they're always amusing. I particularly enjoyed an episode about five years ago when Art Bell spent FIVE HOURS talking to a guy who SWORE he traveled through time.
I heard another guy talking about the same thing a couple of weeks ago. He said that there is a law enforcement agency that is trying to track down time travelers. I thought of TimeCop.

Mia Sara is hot.

Yes she is, and this link may take you to her in all her nekkid glory.

Another hot Mia: Mia Kirshner, who tried to kill the president on 24. Semi-NSFW.

TimeCop didn't make much sense to me... I remember leaving the theater slightly confused.

Time travel has too many paradoxes to be realistic. If you change the past, then the you of the future that came back to change the past may not have existed at all, or may not have existed in such a way that enabled you to go back in time, or in such a way that you'd even want to.

Paradoxes are teh_scuk.
"Oh, I've gone cross-eyed!"
I was just wondering...

Beefy

eo000

ursus

I was just wondering...

Jessie

ursus

I was just wondering...