News:

03/23/05 10,000th post provided by Cnamon!

Main Menu

Paint color help

Started by Alice, July 11, 2009, 03:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grace

Quote from: Infobahn on July 13, 2009, 10:10:08 PM
We are wallpapering a bathroom.  Suck it.

YUK...post the sample, i want to see it.

Infobahn

Simple Sea Foam, Linen Texture

BigDun

I bet she loved cool wallpaper designs.

16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

Gamplayerx

Quote from: BigDun on July 14, 2009, 01:39:15 AM

I've always been meaning to ask what the deal is with this chick.  Is she eating her tie or is she bleeding

Jessie

I thought it was a picture of Grace.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Bishamonten

A green wasabi color does pretty good in an office.

also, man rooms are stupid. 

Alice

Quote from: Bishamonten on July 14, 2009, 03:18:48 PM

Man rooms are not stupid if your fiancee doesn't like 75% of your male friends and 100% of your male friends have problems cleaning up after themselves and not spilling crap everywhere. 

The man room was her idea, not his - just to keep his friends the f*ck away from the rest of the house.

Dry then Catch

Quote from: Alice on July 14, 2009, 04:50:53 PM

Man rooms are not stupid if your fiancee doesn't like 75% of your male friends and 100% of your male friends have problems cleaning up after themselves and not spilling crap everywhere. 

The man room was her idea, not his - just to keep his friends the f*ck away from the rest of the house.

that just sounded really depressing, depressing enough to create a room.  i think this thread will epitomize the relationship.  think about  it

Alice

So I talked him into doing 3 walls grey and filling up the entire other wall with this:

It has this special tape on the back that will keep it on the wall, or you can wallpaper it on.  We're going with the tape option.

VikingJuice

Quote from: Alice on July 17, 2009, 12:32:12 AM
So I talked him into doing 3 walls grey and filling up the entire other wall with this:

It has this special tape on the back that will keep it on the wall, or you can wallpaper it on.  We're going with the tape option.

What also might look cool would be to separate the three pieces from 3 to 6 inches apart.  The gap creats and interesting negative space that functions like a positive space.

BigDun

Quote from: VikingJuice on July 17, 2009, 01:04:45 AM

What also might look cool would be to separate the three pieces from 3 to 6 inches apart.  The gap creats and interesting negative space that functions like a positive space.

I like the concept. If you go that way, take a pic and post it.

Alice

Quote from: VikingJuice on July 17, 2009, 01:04:45 AM

We're already having to cut off 5 inches to have it fit the wall width wise, so I think we're going to leave it like a mural.

Bishamonten

Quote from: Alice on July 14, 2009, 04:50:53 PM

My general problem is two fold.

1)  I hate the idea of "manliness" in today's world.  You know who was manly?  My grandfather, both of them in fact.  If, when you say the words, "back in my Nazi fighting days" and you're referring to an XBox, you're not "Manly".  In point of fact, I defy anyone of my generation to prove to me that they are more manly than Chris Kimball

And I'm not kidding.  He's an old school farmer, cook, and family man. 
Half the shit that gets passed off as "manly" makes me think my -very- mild mannered grandfather would just roll his eyes and keep about his business.

2)  "Man rooms" breed exclusion.  I understand, your friend's wife hates his friends.  A man room isn't the way to fix that.  Instead it gives the appearance that a part of that house isn't the wife's.  I always hear shit like "well, she's got all these floofy pillows and stuff in the living room and bedroom, I need a place where I can be a man."  Fuuuuuck you, douchey mcdoucherson, grow a spine, talk to your wife and learn to compromise.  You're not being a man by avoiding your problems. 

eo000

I'm probably a huge douche by your standards. I've got most of my toys in the basement, and my wife doesn't go down there much. It's colder than the rest of the house, and she doesn't care to watch me play video games. We have many differing interests. I don't want to listen to her talk on the phone, or watch Grey's Anatomy with her.
I don't think that's avoiding a "problem". We both get what we want. Plus, neither of us want to spend all of our time together. Maybe you've got that kind of relationship, but I need some time to be alone.

Bishamonten

Quote from: eo000 on July 17, 2009, 11:00:11 AM
I'm probably a huge douche by your standards. I've got most of my toys in the basement, and my wife doesn't go down there much. It's colder than the rest of the house, and she doesn't care to watch me play video games. We have many differing interests. I don't want to listen to her talk on the phone, or watch Grey's Anatomy with her.
I don't think that's avoiding a "problem". We both get what we want. Plus, neither of us want to spend all of our time together. Maybe you've got that kind of relationship, but I need some time to be alone.

There's nothing wrong with having your own space.  Nesh and I both have our offices.  Hers is full of books and her computer, mine has my computer, my tv and my video games.  But it's still a shared area, it's not like I'm hanging a "no girlz allowed" sign.  There are definitely times when you don't want to be around someone full time.  Especially in a cohabitation situation.  Nesh and I decided when we moved in together that no matter the house, we'd both have a place that was essentially our own.  However, at no time is she unwelcome.   

You're a douche for other reasons.

Also, you still have an xbox live account?

eo000

Quote from: Bishamonten on July 17, 2009, 11:06:00 AM

There's nothing wrong with having your own space.  Nesh and I both have our offices.  Hers is full of books and her computer, mine has my computer, my tv and my video games.  But it's still a shared area, it's not like I'm hanging a "no girlz allowed" sign.  There are definitely times when you don't want to be around someone full time.  Especially in a cohabitation situation.  Nesh and I decided when we moved in together that no matter the house, we'd both have a place that was essentially our own.  However, at no time is she unwelcome.   

yes, gamertag eo000.

Do you sometimes do things that you think will keep her out of your area? I have.

Alice

Oh, there are definitely girls allowed.  Hell, I'll be down there a lot.  She will be too, for movies and such.  But I think it's more for the football days and days they want to watch UFC, she isn't really forced to be around them like they are in their small apartment.  The term man room is used really loosely with them.

Bishamonten

Quote from: eo000 on July 17, 2009, 11:08:25 AM
Quote from: Bishamonten on July 17, 2009, 11:06:00 AM

yes, gamertag eo000.

Do you sometimes do things that you think will keep her out of your area? I have.

like farting?

Dry then Catch

when does it end man room
man floor
man house
man train
man city
man state
man country
man continent
man world
sooon our genders will be separate and the only way i will be able to procreate is bareback in some new mexico rest stop, thanks a lot

Alice

I spent all day today painting the guest room.

[attachment deleted by admin]

BigDun

Quote from: Alice link=topic=33279.msg 282532#msg 282532 date=1248581765
I spent all day today painting the guest room.

I spent all day cleaning our new house's garage. It has probably gone 40 years without anyone brushing away the accrued spider webs and spider eggs from the walls and ceiling. My wife spent the day cleaning the interior of the house.

grace

Quote from: Gamplayerx on July 14, 2009, 10:49:24 AM
Quote from: BigDun on July 14, 2009, 01:39:15 AM

I've always been meaning to ask what the deal is with this chick.  Is she eating her tie or is she bleeding

sucking on a red tie...

gee ...this thread became interesting. i love the couch and the 3 color grey, plus the idea of eachothers space. it is necessary, if i can't get it, i leave so i can. need that reflecting time.
headed to Chicago on Thursday for 4 days with my daughter to witness my son-in-laws navy/nuke graduation. we are staying at the Indigo Hotel-navy discount rate included, never been to Chicago, YAY !
then they move to Charleston SC for 2 yrs.
guess i should have posted in YAY, but i'm too lazy