News:

Speaking as a chick, I just can't get enough of the wang bone.

Main Menu

Wilco - The Album

Started by Beefy, July 05, 2009, 02:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beefy

Gorgeous guitar work.  Recommended to those who like this sort of thing.

http://www.youtube.com/v/r0KYThmBJ5I

Gamplayerx

Wilco the Song is getting a lot of radio play here lately.  I think because they're going to be in concert this week.  At Wolf Trap, which is a really neat venue -- if it wasn't so far away and a week night, I'd be tempted to go. 

I'm trying to convince my husband that we need to go see Better Than Ezra this Friday night at the beach.  They're playing at this hole in the wall divey bar in Dewey Beach, which probably none of you have heard of.  But if you ever find yourself near Dewey Beach on a Saturday afternoon in Summer, you gotta stop by the Bottle & Cork for the Jam Session. 

BigDun

Quote from: Gamplayerx on July 06, 2009, 09:09:24 AM
Wilco the Song is getting a lot of radio play here lately.  I think because they're going to be in concert this week.  At Wolf Trap, which is a really neat venue -- if it wasn't so far away and a week night, I'd be tempted to go. 

I'm trying to convince my husband that we need to go see Better Than Ezra this Friday night at the beach.  They're playing at this hole in the wall divey bar in Dewey Beach, which probably none of you have heard of.  But if you ever find yourself near Dewey Beach on a Saturday afternoon in Summer, you gotta stop by the Bottle & Cork for the Jam Session. 

I know where the Bottle & Cork is located. Never went in though. It looks pretty crappy.
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

Dry then Catch

Quote from: Beefy on July 05, 2009, 02:09:59 PM

I saw Wilco in concert not 2 weeks ago, they were all business playing as many songs as they could cram in.

What previous album would you say this is closest to?

Gamplayerx

Quote from: BigDun on July 06, 2009, 10:01:36 AM
Quote from: Gamplayerx on July 06, 2009, 09:09:24 AM

I know where the Bottle & Cork is located. Never went in though. It looks pretty crappy.
Actually, comparatively, it's fairly nice now.  You should have seen it about 10 years ago.

Beefy

Quote from: cathr on July 06, 2009, 11:46:35 AM
Quote from: Beefy on July 05, 2009, 02:09:59 PM

I saw Wilco in concert not 2 weeks ago, they were all business playing as many songs as they could cram in.

What previous album would you say this is closest to?

It doesn't feel like any of their earlier albums.  Rather, you can parts of all of them within it.