News:

Some people are alive only because it's illegal to kill.

Main Menu

New addition...

Started by dazie, June 27, 2009, 11:59:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dazie

Meet Shaftoe. 

No- we don't need another animal in the house.  Really.  And we've been turning down offers left and right.  But read her story:

The kids of someone where I work with found her on one of the 95th exit ramps off of I-35 on Tuesday in the rain.  She was in the middle of the ramp and cars were driving over top of her!  Luckily, these kids came by and removed her from that terrible situation.  They could not keep her as her son is allergic.  All the shelters are full and I am not wanting her in a shelter anyway since 7 out of 10 don't come out alive and I think she's been failed one too many times by the human race already.  I know you probably have enough mouths to feed, but I thought perhaps you might know someone who could find it in their heart to help this innocent sweetheart.  Her name is Minnie - she's about 6 to 8 weeks old (she's weaned), appears to be in good health, is extremely loving, is a good sleeper, rides in the car well, and couldn't be cuter.  She also has a big motor.

I emailed Ursus and asked if we needed another cat.  He said no, but did she need us?  I melted.  So two weeks later, she's all spayed and shot and is now living with us.

I had to change her name, as I know someone named Minnie.  So she's Shaftoe.  :) She had displayed some adaptability in her young life thus far, and that is a good thing.

[attachment deleted by admin]
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Beefy

dazie

NVM.  The lady we got her from just came and picked her up.

A combination of really bonded with the cat plus worries about our idiot dog.  *shrug*

Beefy

dazie

That's pretty much how my week's gone, so I wasn't too surprised.

VikingJuice

Quote from: dazie on June 27, 2009, 11:59:10 AM
Meet Shaftoe. 

No- we don't need another animal in the house.  Really.  And we've been turning down offers left and right.  But read her story:

The kids of someone where I work with found her on one of the 95th exit ramps off of I-35 on Tuesday in the rain.  She was in the middle of the ramp and cars were driving over top of her!  Luckily, these kids came by and removed her from that terrible situation.  They could not keep her as her son is allergic.  All the shelters are full and I am not wanting her in a shelter anyway since 7 out of 10 don't come out alive and I think she's been failed one too many times by the human race already.  I know you probably have enough mouths to feed, but I thought perhaps you might know someone who could find it in their heart to help this innocent sweetheart.  Her name is Minnie - she's about 6 to 8 weeks old (she's weaned), appears to be in good health, is extremely loving, is a good sleeper, rides in the car well, and couldn't be cuter.  She also has a big motor.

I emailed Ursus and asked if we needed another cat.  He said no, but did she need us?  I melted.  So two weeks later, she's all spayed and shot and is now living with us.

I had to change her name, as I know someone named Minnie.  So she's Shaftoe.  :) She had displayed some adaptability in her young life thus far, and that is a good thing.

You should have called her Reese's because she looks like chocolate and peanut butter mixed together.

dazie

I think her owner is sticking with Minnie.  *lol*

Jessie

we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

dazie

She is.  Teeny tiny too- about 2 lbs.

Jessie

I was having a fight with myself in the street while walking, because I found a little kitten about 7 or 8 weeks old walking near the street alone.  Then I saw some other little ones on a porch, so I returned it and went on my way.

Thank god, because I'm not sure I could have just left it there alone.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

dazie

Yeah- that was why I said I'd take this one.  She'd had a rough go.  I have a friend who's cat had 8 kittens, and I have no interest whatsoever in taking one of them, mostly because I know they'll still have a good home.

ReBurn

That's a weird-looking dog.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!