News:

I know Karate! ...and several other Japanese words

Main Menu

Michael Jackson - Dead at 50

Started by Infobahn, June 25, 2009, 04:50:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessie

we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Beefy

Gearing up to be the most news flashes I've ever seen submitted to Fark for one thing.

I'm sad for his children, but maybe now they'll go to their birth moms and have some sort of normal life.

Even more sadly, I bet no one learns a thing about our culture of celebrity and what it does to people.

VikingJuice

I wasn't expecting this for another 20 years.  Wow.

His music made such an impact on my childhood and early adolescence. 

swolt

now he really is a dancing zombie
A clever man commits no minor blunders.

Beefy

This really does bum me out on a variety of levels.  I wish I could have seen him perform live.

Alice

Jessie

ReBurn

Quote from: Beefy on June 25, 2009, 09:30:22 PM
This really does bum me out on a variety of levels.  I wish I could have seen him perform live.

Annie Are You OK?
So, Annie Are You OK
Are You OK, Annie
Annie Are You OK?
So, Annie Are You OK
Are You OK, Annie
Annie Are You OK?
So, Annie Are You OK?
Are You OK, Annie?
Annie Are You OK?
So, Annie Are You Ok, Are You Ok, Annie?
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Jessie

I wish I could give you a big kiss right now.

Dry then Catch

had tickets to see him in the UK in mid January.  well i actually figured he would collapse of exhaustion in mid august, but welp

truly one of the most tragic modern figures.

the thriller 2 fark headline cracked my ass up

Bennyhana

Quote from: Beefy on June 26, 2009, 11:07:58 AM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/paulscheer/sets/72157617373340442/
<shudder>

QuoteEven more sadly, I bet no one learns a thing about our culture of celebrity and what it does to people.

I refuse to take responsibility for that giant vat of bat shit.  There are plenty of very famous people who haven't commissioned pictures of themselves being knighted and crowned.

On the other hand, I think we do need to take responsibility for Spencer and Heidi.  There's only one way to fix that.  I'll bring the rope and the knife, but someone else has to bring the barrel and hydrochloric acid.

dazie

I had to clap my hand over my mouth to keep from shrieking with laughter.  All that stuff is unbelievable. 
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

eo000

Beefy

eo000

from twitter

Quotethere will be a 10 second dump delay on all broadcasts of Michael Jackson's funeral just in case HE has a "wardrobe malfunction."

Quotepolice are reviewing the "sequins" of events leading up to Michael Jackson's death

QuoteMichael Jackson funeral arrangements are being made - Invited guests are being told that it's okay to wear Black or White.

VikingJuice

Quote from: eo000 on June 26, 2009, 03:42:23 PM
from twitter

Quotethere will be a 10 second dump delay on all broadcasts of Michael Jackson's funeral just in case HE has a "wardrobe malfunction."

Quotepolice are reviewing the "sequins" of events leading up to Michael Jackson's death

QuoteMichael Jackson funeral arrangements are being made - Invited guests are being told that it's okay to wear Black or White.

Also real:
'persons who purchased tickets for his upcoming tour will need to wait as the tour has been postponed "indefinitely"'

If this is true, it will revolutionize the "reunion tour" concept!

dazie

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Music/06/30/michael.jackson/index.html

Oh dear LORD.  Does anyone else hear "Entrance of the Gladiators" playing in their head?

"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

meredith

oh i'm sure michael treasured his memories of Gary.  but seriously, Gary is deader than MJ, quit trying to have something of note left in your empty shell of a city.

Jessie

Yeah, that's a little disturbing.

"Please, let us make a tourist attraction out of your relative's dead body!"

Beefy

Quote from: Jessie on June 30, 2009, 03:28:14 PM
Yeah, that's a little disturbing.

"Please, let us make a tourist attraction out of your relative's dead body!"

Actually, seeing as who it is, it seems sort of fitting.  I'm sure his dad is finding some way to profit off of it.

ReBurn

11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!