News:

Do you all even read these?

Main Menu

The Sims2

Started by charmed, March 14, 2005, 12:30:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charmed

Have any of you guys played the Sims or the Sims 2?

Somehow you can put any song you want so that it will play on the Sims' stereo in the game, but I can't figure out the right folder to put the music in. Also there are about 8 more stations in the music folder on my computer than ever play in the game...I have looked all over the web and TF seems to be broken. I don't know where to turn!! *sob*

charmed

Uh anyway after I posted this I figured out the answer. I was looking in the wrong place! Who knew there would be two different music folders??

OBB

I never could figure out what would inspire my sims to wake up at 4:00 AM and start BBQing, then setting their plates on the floor... or why, for that matter, it took them a half hour to use the washroom.

eo000

Quote from: OBB on March 14, 2005, 07:42:59 AM
I never could figure out what would inspire my sims to wake up at 4:00 AM and start BBQing, then setting their plates on the floor... or why, for that matter, it took them a half hour to use the washroom.
too much cheese in their diet.

Gamplayerx

I still don't understand this Sims thing.  Is it like real time?  Are you sitting there for a half an hour waiting for sims to play with?

eo000

Quote from: Gamplayerx on March 14, 2005, 07:47:46 AM
I still don't understand this Sims thing.  Is it like real time?  Are you sitting there for a half an hour waiting for sims to play with?
no, it's about 2 seconds per minute, or something along those lines.

OBB

But to get my person ready to go to work at 8:00 in game time, Gamp, I have to get them to wake up at 5:00 AM, and that doesn't take into account the 1 hour they spend on the Internet.

ReBurn

Quote from: eo000 on March 14, 2005, 07:43:56 AM
too much cheese in their diet.
I spit my wather when I read that...
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Gamplayerx

Quote from: OBB on March 14, 2005, 08:25:51 AM
But to get my person ready to go to work at 8:00 in game time, Gamp, I have to get them to wake up at 5:00 AM, and that doesn't take into account the 1 hour they spend on the Internet.

I so don't understand the point of this.  Is it a game? 

OBB

Quote from: Gamplayerx on March 14, 2005, 10:00:59 AM

Yep. It's kind of like playing with dolls, like people used to do, except it's on the computer, and you can buy stuff for the house using money your character earns in the game through going to work.

Jessie

Quote from: OBB on March 14, 2005, 10:08:14 AM
Quote from: Gamplayerx on March 14, 2005, 10:00:59 AM

Yep. It's kind of like playing with dolls, like people used to do, except it's on the computer, and you can buy stuff for the house using money your character earns in the game through going to work.

That's a good way to describe it.

And dolls never died, but you can kill the Sims.  That's always fun.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Gamplayerx

But how do you know when you've won?

Jessie

Quote from: Gamplayerx on March 14, 2005, 10:22:51 AM
But how do you know when you've won?

When they're all dead?
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Beefy

When the orgy breaks out.

charmed

I don't think you can "win" it just keeps going forever until you eventually get bored of it.

OBB

I'm bored of it now. Do I win?

Dry then Catch

try filling your home with people you know.  it gets more interesting that way Bill