News:

3/12/05 5000th post provided by Bishamonten

Main Menu

Terminator: Salvation

Started by swolt, May 20, 2009, 12:56:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swolt

I just finished reading the book based on the movie. Sometimes the books based on movies are poorly written and annoying, but this one was not, it was very well written.

I very much enjoyed it. The story is good. I can't wait for the movie to come out.
A clever man commits no minor blunders.

Beefy

The reviews are destroying it.  I'll wait for video.

swolt

Quote from: Beefy on May 20, 2009, 04:43:08 PM
The reviews are destroying it.  I'll wait for video.

Really? Damnit! I was about to post how all my friends are lame and no one wants to see it tonight and how I was on my way to Houston to pick you up and see it.

My world is destroyed. Much like that in the Terminator Universe.

dots

I'd go see it with you.  Mostly for the man candy.

Keeping it real, folks.  Keeping it real.
You're an asshole and I hate you.

Jessie

I'll probably see it in Wisconsin this weekend.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

swolt

I told the world "screw it" and me and Scott went to see it at 11AM today.

Hell yes it was awesome. I would see it again. Highly entertaining.

It ended completely different from the book, which threw me for a loop.

[spoiler]In the book a character is injured in the last battle but makes it out and stays alive through the end. In the movie the same character is not injured in the last battle, but just after that battle he sacrifices himself to save someone else. The movie ending was far more fitting.[/spoiler]

I liked Terminator 3 but thought this movie was much, much better. Scott hated Terminator 3 and loved this movie.

VikingJuice

I've read several of the Terminator offshoot books and loved them all.  The third movie was not that great but had some good parts.  I wanted the third movie to be what this movie looks like it will be.  I've heard so many bad things though, that I'm very suspicious.  That said, I'm seeing it tomorrow with a friend.

swolt

Quote from: VikingJuice on May 23, 2009, 01:33:07 AM
I've read several of the Terminator offshoot books and loved them all.  The third movie was not that great but had some good parts.  I wanted the third movie to be what this movie looks like it will be.  I've heard so many bad things though, that I'm very suspicious.  That said, I'm seeing it tomorrow with a friend.

Have you seen it yet?

I read a review saying it should be called Batman Vs. Transformers and I thought that was the best idea for a movie I've ever heard.

swolt

VikingJuice

I liked it.  It was much better than the third film.  It did a lot with the timeline of events without fully explaining it.  Bale was a little over the top for the role and BD Howard was just window dressing.  The terminator motorcycles were awesome!!  As were the hydrobots.  It wasn't perfect and left a few loose ends, but it didn't lack for action or pace.  I wish it wouldn't have done the Arnold thing, that looked ridiculous.  I'd give it a 3.5 out of 5.

VikingJuice

Quote from: Beefy on May 25, 2009, 05:40:57 PM
http://chud.com/articles/articles/19577/1/EXCLUSIVE-WHAT-WENT-WRONG-WITH-TERMINATOR-SALVATION/Page1.html

Wow, that is even more convoluted than what made it to screen.  I couldn't follow most of that.  That's what happens when you lack a strong director or a strong relationship with the writer(s) of the screenplay.