News:

10/13/05 ReBurn nails the 90,000th post with a bullet! And what a bullet it was.

Main Menu

ISO- new, well balanced, low fat, tasty recipes

Started by dazie, March 07, 2005, 09:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dazie

At work I'm taking part of a "Get FIT" program, wherein we all walk and exercise and eat right etc.  It's working well, except I'm woefully unprepared in the recipe department.

Here's one I have that I like, but I need more.

Lime Baked Chicken

Equal parts lime juice and ketchup
Some worchester sauce

Mix together and dump over chicken, bake until no longer bloody and gross.
Or you can put it in a crock pot.

Low fat, inexpensive and pretty tasty.
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

BigDun

I have started to buy the flavored sandwich wraps (they look like tortillas but are spinach or sun dried tomato flavored) and making hot wraps on the George Foreman grill.

Take a wrap, brush it with olive oil and sprinkle fresh ground pepper. Line the olive oil coated side with 99% fat free lunch meats, put in some fresh spinach leaves (lots, they cook down to nothing) and canned mushrooms. Roll it up and secure with a toothpick if tries to unroll.

Preheat the GF Grill for 3 minutes and then put the wrap on it for about 7. Have some fat free Ranch in a dipping cup and go to town.

Other wonderful things to add are low fat feta or blue cheese, sun dried tomatoes, onions, peppers, precooked chicken breast strips, croutons, etc.
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

dazie

Quote from: BigDun on March 07, 2005, 09:43:54 PM
I have started to buy the flavored sandwich wraps (they look like tortillas but are spinach or sun dried tomato flavored) and making hot wraps on the George Foreman grill.

Take a wrap, brush it with olive oil and sprinkle fresh ground pepper. Line the olive oil coated side with 99% fat free lunch meats, put in some fresh spinach leaves (lots, they cook down to nothing) and canned mushrooms. Roll it up and secure with a toothpick if tries to unroll.

Preheat the GF Grill for 3 minutes and then put the wrap on it for about 7. Have some fat free Ranch in a dipping cup and go to town.

Other wonderful things to add are low fat feta or blue cheese, sun dried tomatoes, onions, peppers, precooked chicken breast strips, croutons, etc.

Damn that sounds REALLY GOOD!  I've had mac & cheese with broccoli tonight, so what you described just made my mouth water.

A friend has a Foreman grill, maybe I'll steal it.  Are they all that?

BigDun

Quote from: dazie on March 07, 2005, 09:51:23 PM

Damn that sounds REALLY GOOD!  I've had mac & cheese with broccoli tonight, so what you described just made my mouth water.

GF Grill are pretty awesome. There is a trick to cleaning them. After you have finished cooking with them, keep the grill really hot and put in 2 sheets of soaking wet paper towel folded over. Once the grill is cooled down, you can simply wipe it clean.

dazie

Quote from: BigDun on March 07, 2005, 09:54:12 PM
Quote from: dazie on March 07, 2005, 09:51:23 PM

GF Grill are pretty awesome. There is a trick to cleaning them. After you have finished cooking with them, keep the grill really hot and put in 2 sheets of soaking wet paper towel folded over. Once the grill is cooled down, you can simply wipe it clean.

Do they smoke or stink up the house? 

(heh- that sounds like my father in law)

BigDun

Nope, they are very non-smokey and smell as bad as cooking something on the stove.

dazie

Hmm...  I may just have to steal borrow their grill.

Gamplayerx

I can't help with the recipes, believe or not, I don't cook.

But, I can testify to a teensy bit of exercise making a huge difference.  As some of you know, I've been mall walking (or wall mocking, as I like to say) with a co-worker for a couple of weeks now and it's amazing the weight I'm losing and the tone I'm gaining, really without trying.  And I was originally only doing it to keep her motivated.  Who knew?

dazie

I've upped my walking to two mile a day during work, 4 x around the outside of the building 2 x a day.  I'd started a month ago with 2x 2x a day.

I haven't noticed any weight loss, but my pants aren't as tight!

ignom

Underneath this flabby exterior is an enormous lack of character.

dazie

eo000

dazie

Quote from: eo000 on March 07, 2005, 10:45:47 PM
Quote from: dazie on March 07, 2005, 10:20:00 PM
Quote from: ignom on March 07, 2005, 10:15:41 PM
blah blah blah, where is my pot roast?

If it was up your butt you'd know.
think so?

A whole pot roast?  I sure as hell HOPE he'd notice!

But he has been awfully chummy with Bish lately so who knows...  ;)

Gamplayerx

Quote from: dazie on March 07, 2005, 10:07:11 PM
I've upped my walking to two mile a day during work, 4 x around the outside of the building 2 x a day.  I'd started a month ago with 2x 2x a day.

I haven't noticed any weight loss, but my pants aren't as tight!

That's great!  We're unsure of the mileage - the pedometer gives unstable results.  But we basically walk for about 40 - 50 minutes a day, and I force the pace just the teensiest faster each day.  So the first week, that meant one lap around the mall, now we're up to 1 and 3/4 laps.  My co-worker has lost over 40 pounds (not just since the start of the mall walking, she lost 27 pounds before she was okayed to start walking).  I've lost 3.  But it's a bonus 3 - I didn't expect to have any effect, so I'm pleasantly surprised.

cnamon

If you go to the  Food Network's website or epicurious.com, you can find loads of healthy recipes.

Jessie

Quote from: cnamon on March 08, 2005, 07:06:26 AM
If you go to the  Food Network's website or epicurious.com, you can find loads of healthy recipes.

epicurious.com is awesome.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

DownSouth

16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

Jessie

DownSouth

16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

Jessie

DownSouth