News:

40,000th post goes to Gamp!  Happy birthday!

Main Menu

Sliders why are they so popular

Started by Dry then Catch, March 08, 2009, 01:43:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dry then Catch

everywhere is getting on these shrunken cheeseburger like a (insert sexual innuendo).  i feel like 2 years ago the word "sliders" would just make me think of a shirtless jerry o connell

nows this?  whats the appeal?  they are just shrunken burgers with no fixings.  I'll just take a butter knife and cut a burger up into whatever geometry you desire, it'll probably net more meat for less money.

I dare one of you losers to defend sliders, I freakin dare you. 

BigDun

The original sliders were the White Castle or Crystal burgers that were made on a soft, white dinner roll style bun. I never liked them because they all had pickles, but I think the bread was the appeal. I can't imagine the 1/10 ounce of grey meat was the draw.
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

Dry then Catch

Quote from: BigDun on March 08, 2009, 02:00:16 PM
The original sliders were the White Castle or Crystal burgers that were made on a soft, white dinner roll style bun. I never liked them because they all had pickles, but I think the bread was the appeal. I can't imagine the 1/10 ounce of grey meat was the draw.
yes they were good, but whats with this burger king stuff

Dry then Catch

i still this is a really good topic.  BK BREAKFAST SHOTS

Jessie

Have I told you lately that you're a weirdo?

Also I think your brain works faster than your fingers, because you forget more words than anyone else I know.

White Castle is the only good mini burger ever.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Dry then Catch

Quote from: Jessie on March 09, 2009, 02:15:14 PM
Have I told you lately that you're a weirdo?

Also I think your brain works faster than your fingers, because you forget more words than anyone else I know.

White Castle is the only good mini burger ever.

have you had the sliders at TGIF Fridays

Dry then Catch

I'm just noticing a trend, there are "Sliders" style burgers available at restaurants, chain or local, than 5 years ago.  If I could run the math, I believe it would be statically significant and not just an anecdotal perception bias. 

Jessie

I think you're right, and no I have not.

People think they're cute, I guess.

Oh, I have had mini turkey burgers at Ruby Tuesday's.

Beefy

Oh God, you're just never going to settle on a name now, are you?

Dry then Catch

Quote from: Jessie on March 09, 2009, 02:58:17 PM
I think you're right, and no I have not.

People think they're cute, I guess.

Oh, I have had mini turkey burgers at Ruby Tuesday's.

i havent been to ruby tuesdays in years, i hear they totally re-invented themselves.  is this true. 

yes beefy i will wander around till i find a name i like.

Jessie

I've only been there recently, so I couldn't say.

ReBurn

I had a Billy Mays Big City Slider Station in my hands this weekend. For the reasonable price of $19.99 it could have been mine. Except my wife said no.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Infobahn

Quote from: ReBurn on March 10, 2009, 03:04:57 PM
I had a Billy Mays Big City Slider Station in my hands this weekend. For the reasonable price of $19.99 it could have been mine. Except my wife said no.

You can make egg sammichs with them too, see if that would help with the wife.

ReBurn

Quote from: Infobahn on March 10, 2009, 03:17:23 PM

You can make egg sammichs with them too, see if that would help with the wife.
That's a good angle!

Dry then Catch

WHY NOT JUST MAKE A DAMN BURGER hte old fashioned way

ReBurn

Quote from: This Bears Repeating on March 10, 2009, 03:25:36 PM

Clearly you do not understand the significance. We're talking Billy Mays here. I feel as though some forced re-education may be in order.

Dry then Catch

Quote from: ReBurn on March 10, 2009, 03:31:46 PM
Quote from: This Bears Repeating on March 10, 2009, 03:25:36 PM

Clearly you do not understand the significance. We're talking Billy Mays here. I feel as though some forced re-education may be in order.

get with the Shamwow Vince revolution, Billie Mays is sooo early 00s..

i will cut up your burger for you 19.99

ReBurn

You have to cut up every burger I have until I tire of small burgers if you hope to ever dissuade me.

My love affair with the Shamwow is well known. I fear actually committing to one because I'm afraid it will break my heart.

Dry then Catch

Quote from: ReBurn on March 10, 2009, 03:59:37 PM
You have to cut up every burger I have until I tire of small burgers if you hope to ever dissuade me.

My love affair with the Shamwow is well known. I fear actually committing to one because I'm afraid it will break my heart.

well if it breaks, we can sop it up. 
yes fly me out there I will be your personal burger re-sizer.

ReBurn

Dry then Catch

Quote from: ReBurn on March 10, 2009, 04:12:28 PM
$19.99 plus airfare?

no its coo I'll go greyhound.  i dont know what food to bring with me though

eo000

have any of you had popburger, in nyc? tasted good, but wtf, it was like 5 miniburgers for $25.

Gamplayerx

I think the ad wizards think that the gullible american public will think that little mini burgers are like diet food.

BigDun

I had a 4-pack of mini-breakfast sandwiches from BK the othe day. It was more food than I wanted (even though I did eat them all) and I don't think I'll order them again. Way too greasy.
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

ReBurn

A breakfast sandwich on what appears to be a hamburger bun just doesn't seem appetizing to me. But then again, neither does Burger King. Wendy's is where it's at, baby!

Unless there's Five Guys around. Man, those are good burgers!