News:

04/12/07 - Congrats to dots for snatching the real 200,000th post! Riding on her coattails, I guess we can spare some kudos to Jessie for the less real 200,000th post.

Main Menu

Mythbusters

Started by Infobahn, March 12, 2005, 03:07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Infobahn

Mythbusters marathon on The Discovery Channel.

I love this show.

Gamplayerx

I like their silver pens.

And the many times they did the frozen chicken gun test.  That was great.

dazie

The last time I visited DC (the person, not the place) it rained all weekend, thus pretty much ruining our plans to go battlefield wandering.  So we sat in the hotel watching the Mythbusters marathon.  I'd never seen it before, not having cable and all.

I LOVE THAT SHOW!  So far my favorite has been the exploding trombone one.  :)

Oh- and the daddy longleg one.  EEW!  I'm SO with that guy on being skeeved out by that particular brand of arachnid.
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

ReBurn

I like the one where they put the dead pig in the sports car and locked it in a storage container and then tried to clean it out and sell it and nobody would but it but somebody did.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

cnamon

I saw the methane toilet one.  That would have been sweet if it had blown up.

OBB

I've only seen the one where they do different experiments with Coca-Cola. It genuinely works as a means of cleaning rust off chrome.

I caught the end of the one where they test the theory that if you're in a falling elevator and you jump at the very last second before you hit the ground, you can survive.

dazie

Quote from: OBB on March 13, 2005, 12:12:11 PM
I've only seen the one where they do different experiments with Coca-Cola. It genuinely works as a means of cleaning rust off chrome.

I caught the end of the one where they test the theory that if you're in a falling elevator and you jump at the very last second before you hit the ground, you can survive.

I bet my boss saw that.  He did a 5 story freefall in a glass elevator while at my company's sales meeting in New Orleans this year.  He survived.

OBB

Quote from: dazie on March 13, 2005, 01:07:55 PM

I bet my boss saw that.  He did a 5 story freefall in a glass elevator while at my company's sales meeting in New Orleans this year.  He survived.

Did the elevator's brakes kick in, or was it "fall until the whole thing ends up in a pile in the basement"?

Gamplayerx

Elevators are some scary shit.

dazie

Quote from: OBB on March 13, 2005, 01:09:20 PM

Did the elevator's brakes kick in, or was it "fall until the whole thing ends up in a pile in the basement"?

The brakes kicked in.  I'm glad.  I've already had one boss die, one get fired and one leave the company.  I like this one and would like to keep him around.

charmed

Oh crap I just had a dream last night about elevators!