News:

Two rules to success in life: 1. Don't tell people everything you know.

Main Menu

Matza Balls

Started by cnamon, March 12, 2005, 11:45:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gamplayerx

This weekend is Passover and we're going to my dad's house and we're going to eat lots and lots and lots of yummy matzoh ball soup and latkes and matzoh brie.  MMMMMMM!!! 

Jessie

Somehow I missed this thread originally.

I don't think I've ever had any Jewish food, but all of that sounds pretty good except that fish stuff.  I don't really like dumplings much, so I don't know about that part either.  Nishi's recipe sounded good though.  Maybe I'm just hungry.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Gamplayerx

Matzoh balls are NOT dumplings.  It's really really really good.  There is absolutely nothing not to like about it.

BigDun

Quote from: Gamplayerx on April 20, 2005, 10:35:15 AM
Matzoh balls are NOT dumplings.  It's really really really good.  There is absolutely nothing not to like about it.

They have no bacon.
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

Gamplayerx

NT, your avatar cracked me up.

Jessie

Quote from: Gamplayerx on April 20, 2005, 10:44:23 AM
NT, your avatar cracked me up.

hahahahhahahhahahahahaa

hahahahha

hahahah

yeah, I agree.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Youphoric

Quote from: Gamplayerx on March 12, 2005, 11:57:17 AMThey're like dumplings, I guess, but way better.

Matzoh balls are NOT dumplings. It's really really really good. There is absolutely nothing not to like about it.

I'm confused.

Gamplayerx

Quote from: Youphoric on April 20, 2005, 10:53:29 AM
Quote from: Gamplayerx on March 12, 2005, 11:57:17 AMThey're like dumplings, I guess, but way better.

Matzoh balls are NOT dumplings. It's really really really good. There is absolutely nothing not to like about it.

I'm confused.

They're like dumplings, I guess, but NOT dumplings.  Dumplings was the closest gentile food I could come up with.

Youphoric

Quote from: Gamplayerx on April 20, 2005, 10:59:38 AM
Quote from: Youphoric on April 20, 2005, 10:53:29 AM

I'm confused.
They're like dumplings, I guess, but NOT dumplings.  Dumplings was the closest gentile food I could come up with.
Okie dokie

Gamplayerx

Passover update:  We had wonderful matzoh ball soup and fantastic matzoh brie for breakfast this morning.  But I didn't whine enough to get latkes.  I need to work on the whining.

nishi

no kidding, you need to work on the whining. i'd throw myself into traffic for latkes!!!

i hope you had a good passover, gamp. next year in jerusalem!
"we left the motherland to settle a colony on Juntoo.  hats with belt buckles."
-catchr

<- this is a prankapple.

Gamplayerx

We had a wonderful time.  Lots of people, lots of food, lots of yicky wine (apparantly, the wine was good - it wasn't Manischewitz - I just don't like wine), lots of singing and lots of laughter.

But no latkes. 

nallen

I'm surprised that you aren't really good at the whining considering how much of an example your mother as made for you.   

Does the Grumpus enjoy the Matza ball soup?  I used to get it at Jerry's Famous Deli in Costa Mesa.  good stuff.
May the Magic Plastic bless you and keep you.

eo000

were there any latka's?

Gamplayerx

Quote from: nallen on April 24, 2005, 01:12:24 PM
I'm surprised that you aren't really good at the whining considering how much of an example your mother as made for you.   

Does the Grumpus enjoy the Matza ball soup?  I used to get it at Jerry's Famous Deli in Costa Mesa.  good stuff.

Hells yeah, he enjoys it!  Matzoh ball soup is wonderful. 

nallen

We Atheists need to come up with fun holidays to better compete.  Any suggestions?

liquor seems to work well, so we shoulld include that, oh I know!

Miller Lite and Matza ball soup!  I bet we can win Gamp over with that one, especially if we throw some clicky games in to the mix.

Gamplayerx

I do love a good clicky game. 

p.s.  This ain't one of them. 

nallen

Quote from: Gamplayerx on April 24, 2005, 01:32:24 PM
I do love a good clicky game. 

p.s.  This ain't one of them. 

Right you are, that game SUCKS, what next am I to taste that milk thats been in the fridget too long?

Gamplayerx

I clearly said it sucked.  I bet, despite your prostestations, you TOTALLY click on monkeyballs.

DownSouth

Quote from: nallen on April 24, 2005, 01:27:15 PM
We Atheists need to come up with fun holidays to better compete.  Any suggestions?

liquor seems to work well, so we shoulld include that, oh I know!

Miller Lite and Matza ball soup!  I bet we can win Gamp over with that one, especially if we throw some clicky games in to the mix.
I think it should involve pizza.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!