News:

Never argue with a fool. People might not know the difference.

Main Menu

First Portrait

Started by Alice, January 17, 2009, 04:04:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alice

So two of my best friends just got engaged and I thought I'd paint them a portrait as an engagement present - plus it was motivating me to paint again which is huge.  I'd stopped for a bit, but that's another story. 

Anyway, here it is... forgive my crappy cell phone camera pics.  Makes things look weird, I'm hoping they'll take a pic with their decent camera for me.  It's based off of a picture taken at a wedding we all went to, where they're standing in front of a stained glass window.

VikingJuice

Quote from: Alice on January 17, 2009, 04:04:42 PM
So two of my best friends just got engaged and I thought I'd paint them a portrait as an engagement present - plus it was motivating me to paint again which is huge.  I'd stopped for a bit, but that's another story. 

Anyway, here it is... forgive my crappy cell phone camera pics.  Makes things look weird, I'm hoping they'll take a pic with their decent camera for me.  It's based off of a picture taken at a wedding we all went to, where they're standing in front of a stained glass window.

Very impressive.  I have a friend who has a similar style of painting when it comes to mural type work.

Jessie

You are an artist.  You need to find a way to be an artist professionally. 
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Alice

Quote from: Jessie on January 17, 2009, 07:08:14 PM
You are an artist.  You need to find a way to be an artist professionally. 
Aww, thanks!

Beefy

I still want to commission a painting.

Alice

Quote from: Beefy on January 17, 2009, 08:29:43 PM
I still want to commission a painting.

I'm getting back in painting mode.  So it's definitely an option.

grace

nice stuff Alice, really nice!