News:

Some people are alive only because it's illegal to kill.

Main Menu

Hey Beefy!

Started by sapphirehart, July 21, 2005, 07:18:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sapphirehart

I know which character dies.......AND......I know who the half blood prince is!!

What are you looking here for? I'm not going to be the spoiler of a good book!

Beefy

Yeah, I think I do too, and I haven't started it yet.

This weekend.

sapphirehart

Quote from: Beefy on July 21, 2005, 07:40:53 PM
Yeah, I think I do too, and I haven't started it yet.

This weekend.

Trust me.....it's NOT who you think it  is.

BigDun

This is why I made sure that I read it the first weekend the book was released. I sequestered myself in the house and didn't turn on the TV, radio, or go on the internet. I am glad I did it that way. Nothing spoiled my enjoyment of the book.
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

sapphirehart

Quote from: BigDun on July 21, 2005, 07:43:54 PM
This is why I made sure that I read it the first weekend the book was released. I sequestered myself in the house and didn't turn on the TV, radio, or go on the internet. I am glad I did it that way. Nothing spoiled my enjoyment of the book.

I cheated.  I looked on the internet...but only cuz I wanted to hold something over my son's head if he does something to make me mad before he finishes the book.

Beefy

Quote from: sapphirehart on July 21, 2005, 07:46:50 PM
I cheated.  I looked on the internet...but only cuz I wanted to hold something over my son's head if he does something to make me mad before he finishes the book.

Ha! Ha!

++

ignom

Wikipedia already has a summary of the entire book.
Underneath this flabby exterior is an enormous lack of character.

BigDun

Tell him that you have Santa's number programed into your cell phone's speed dial and that you aren't afraid to use it if he misbehaves.

sapphirehart

Quote from: BigDun on July 21, 2005, 07:49:27 PM

Tell him that you have Santa's number programed into your cell phone's speed dial and that you aren't afraid to use it if he misbehaves.

ummmm....he's sixteen.....that stopped working when he was eight!

but that does remind me of a funny story...
when Steven was about three years old,  he was terrified of Santa...we told him that if he didn't sit in Santa's lap and tell him what he wanted for Christmas, he wouldn't get any toys....Steven (who had a speech impediment until he was about six) put his hands on his hips and glared at me...then he said.....I DOT TOYS!!

Alice

Nothing spoiled my enjoyment of the book.
You mean besides the horrible writing style and the fact that JK Rowling is the Starbucks of books, right?

BigDun

Quote from: aliceliddell on July 22, 2005, 08:19:53 AM
Nothing spoiled my enjoyment of the book.
You mean besides the horrible writing style and the fact that JK Rowling is the Starbucks of books, right?
Sounds like someone is jealous.

ReBurn

Damned neocons...oh, wait...
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!