News:

3/12/05 5000th post provided by Bishamonten

Main Menu

My lunches are so boring and unfun

Started by Gamplayerx, December 08, 2008, 12:32:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gamplayerx

Jessie

we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

VikingJuice

pastry, meat, cheese, bread and veggie tray fixins?  I don't see what the big deal is.  I've never cared about my food presentation much as long as it tastes good.  Flavor is where it's at for me,  the rest is just window dressing to spruce up an otherwise unimpressive meal.

but that's my two cents.

BigDun

I just made a buffalo burger with Gruyère cheese. It didn't look fancy, but it tasted delicious.
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

dazie

I love food that looks wonderful as well as tastes wonderful, but honestly- boiled egg white butterflies?  AND this woman has a child? 

I'd say she needs a hobby, but I'm guessing this whole fancy food thing IS her hobby.

It took me a while to figure out what she meant by "bento" and I'm still not sure- is that just a fancy name for Tupperware-ish lunch container?
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Jessie

Imagine being 6 years old and finding that kind of stuff in your lunch box each day. 

I think it's neat.

dazie

Quote from: Jessie on December 09, 2008, 08:38:43 AM
Imagine being 6 years old and finding that kind of stuff in your lunch box each day. 

I think it's neat.

That would be fun.  I just can't imagine spending that much effort on my own lunch.

Gamplayerx

Quote from: dazie on December 09, 2008, 08:32:53 AM
I love food that looks wonderful as well as tastes wonderful, but honestly- boiled egg white butterflies?  AND this woman has a child? 

I'd say she needs a hobby, but I'm guessing this whole fancy food thing IS her hobby.

It took me a while to figure out what she meant by "bento" and I'm still not sure- is that just a fancy name for Tupperware-ish lunch container?
You think it's a woman? 

According to Wikipedia, it's very Japanese to make these elaborate bento boxes.

eo000

Quote from: Gamplayerx on December 09, 2008, 09:52:09 AM
Quote from: dazie on December 09, 2008, 08:32:53 AM

You think it's a woman? 

According to Wikipedia, it's very Japanese to make these elaborate bento boxes.
i thought it was a man, too.

dazie

A little further down in the blog she talks about how her husband got her a new bento.

Jessie

Yeah, somewhere along the line I picked up that it was a woman, too.

Gamplayerx

Oh.  Guess I was too distracted by the entertaining food to actually read.  :)

eo000

Quote from: dazie on December 09, 2008, 10:11:13 AM
A little further down in the blog she talks about how her husband got her a new bento.
what's this got to do with holy cross???

VikingJuice

I think it's neat.

When I was six I wouldn't have eaten half the stuff in that lunch.  Then again, I went on a bologna and cheese binge for like 5 years or so.  I've eaten bologna about 4 times total since.

Gamplayerx

Quote from: VikingJuice on December 10, 2008, 12:24:13 AM

I think it's neat.

When I was six I wouldn't have eaten half the stuff in that lunch.  Then again, I went on a bologna and cheese binge for like 5 years or so.  I've eaten bologna about 4 times total since.
I would have eaten all that stuff.  I did go through a phase where I really loved the school lunch ice cream sandwiches.  I wasn't allowed to have the school lunch ice cream sandwiches.  Ice cream sandwiches were a dime.  Milk was 8 cents.  My mom gave me a dime every day and expected 2 cents change.  Being that I was like 6 and didn't have ready access to pennies, it took a lot of strategy on my part.  So for a few days, I'd forgo the milk and trade my dime for 5 pennies to build up a penny stash so that I could have a couple of days of ice cream sandwiches.

Man, those things were good.

Jessie

Quote from: Gamplayerx on December 10, 2008, 09:41:07 AM

I think it's neat.

I would have eaten all that stuff.  I did go through a phase where I really loved the school lunch ice cream sandwiches.  I wasn't allowed to have the school lunch ice cream sandwiches.  Ice cream sandwiches were a dime.  Milk was 8 cents.  My mom gave me a dime every day and expected 2 cents change.  Being that I was like 6 and didn't have ready access to pennies, it took a lot of strategy on my part.  So for a few days, I'd forgo the milk and trade my dime for 5 pennies to build up a penny stash so that I could have a couple of days of ice cream sandwiches.

I can't decide if you were smart for planning that out, or dumb for selling a dime for five cents.

Jessie

dazie

These people have lots of time they don't spend doing other stuff.

If I manage to get a can of soup out of the cupboard, into the car, from the car into the building and up to my desk I count myself lucky.

Then I go out for lunch anyway, because honestly- who wants to eat a just a can of soup for lunch?

Gamplayerx

Quote from: Jessie on December 10, 2008, 10:10:08 AM

I think it's neat.

I can't decide if you were smart for planning that out, or dumb for selling a dime for five cents.
Both.  But it wasn't my dime and I got to eat ice cream sammiches.  :)

VikingJuice

Quote from: Gamplayerx on December 10, 2008, 03:17:34 PM
Quote from: Jessie on December 10, 2008, 10:10:08 AM

I think it's neat.

Both.  But it wasn't my dime and I got to eat ice cream sammiches.  :)

I can relate to that.  I'd scrounge pennies and nickels from everywhere I could find them for those things.  I'd even lick the foil wrapper they were packaged in.