News:

A child can go only so far in life without potty training. It is not mere coincidence that six of the last seven presidents were potty trained, not to mention nearly half of the nation's state legislators.

Main Menu

Word Mail Merge help

Started by dazie, December 04, 2008, 02:13:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dazie

Is there a way to merge labels in word so that I make 100 labels of address 1, 100 labels of address 2 etc. without having to put each address in my data source 100 times?
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Gamplayerx

Yes.  I believe you tell the label setting to do an entire page for each.

dazie

I can tell it that if I'm not trying to merge, but I can't find that setting in merge.

meredith

Remove all the [Next Record] codes on the page except for on the last label?

(I haven't used Word in a few years.)

dazie

I am going to be cautiously optimistic, as I wait for my labels to generate, and say, in advance, that Hatt- you rock.

meredith

"1322: Humphrey de Bohun, 4th Earl of Hereford was fatally speared through the anus by a pikeman hiding under the bridge during the Battle of Boroughbridge."

i giggled at this.  lolol what a fag!

dazie

OK- that made no sense.

But here's what I figured out, with Hatt's help: 

In order to make an entire sheet of labels be the same address in mail merge, you need to delete every single <<next record>> from your merge set up page.  Then, when you click merge, you will get 1 address per sheet.  In this particular document, I ended up with 131 sheets, each with 30 labels containing the same address.

Dry then Catch

there is this Avery Label Maker software that i've used int he past.  I don't remember the details but I had similar task and it seemed more intuitive than word

http://www.avery.com/avery/en_us/Templates-&-Software