News:

I went to the general store.  They wouldn't let me buy anything specific.

Main Menu

Twilight etc...

Started by dazie, November 24, 2008, 11:06:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dazie

Read the 2nd one.  How annoying.  The female lead does indeed start to blame herself for everything, and I wanted to say "Fuck- MAN UP!" quite often.

Oh!  You pushed me onto a pile of glass plates and I got cut so I bled and now all the vampires don't want to be around me!  I'm sorry!  It's all my fault for having blood!

Oh!  People are getting killed by rogue vampires?  I'm sorry!  It's all my fault for living here!

Bah.

"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

dazie

The third one's better.  I actually kind of dig it.

Saw the movie today w/Kate and Ursus.  It wasn't awful, but the girl that plays Bella is a mouth breather.  I swear she never totally closes her mouth. 

Gamplayerx

I was bullied into reading Twilight -- surprisingly enjoyable and fun.

Jessie

All the grown women I know love those books/that movie.  I just can't bring myself to read/see it.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

dazie

If you go expecting an Oscar worthy film, you'll be sorely disappointed.

If you go expecting something that will make teenaged girls swoon- you're right there.

It isn't awful, even Ursus had decent things to say about it and he hates most movies.  *lol* 

There's no sex or foul language, and not a whole lot of violence*, even though there's actually MORE in the movie than in the book.

* the violence is toward the end, and the guy to whom the violence is directed really deserved it.

Gamplayerx

I finished the last twilight book yesterday. [spoiler]Thank goodness whiny finally got a spine or I would've been forced to enter bookworld and throttle her[/spoiler]

Jessie

I listened to five minutes of the first audio book and wanted to shoot myself.

She actually said, "scintillating arms."  Seriously.

Jessie

Clearly, this writer likes her thesaurus.

Gamplayerx

Quote from: Jessie on March 23, 2009, 09:21:01 PM
remember -- she's writing for Tweens and teens.

Jessie

Quote from: Gamplayerx on March 23, 2009, 09:22:46 PM
Quote from: Jessie on March 23, 2009, 09:21:01 PM
remember -- she's writing for Tweens and teens.
She's supposed to be writing in the voice of a 17 year old.  No 17 year old would talk or write like that.  God awful.  I don't know how you've read that crap.

dazie

Quote from: Gamplayerx on March 23, 2009, 09:13:04 PM
I finished the last twilight book yesterday. [spoiler]Thank goodness whiny finally got a spine or I would've been forced to enter bookworld and throttle her[/spoiler]

I concur.  Book two almost killed me AND her because of that.

meredith

Are you kidding?  17 year olds absolutely abuse thesauruses ;D

eo000

Quote from: Gamplayerx on March 23, 2009, 09:13:04 PM
if you go to her website you can get the first 250 or so pages of the next book she was righting. it's starting over, but from edward's point of view.

Beefy

I may rent this today for sh*ts and giggles.

Beefy

Quote from: Beefy on March 24, 2009, 10:46:08 AM

As I approach the checkout desk, I hear the cashier state, "I don't want to watch that crap.  It's for five year old emo vampire wannabees."  I then hand him my stack of rentals, Twilight being on top.  He gives me a look that is half you-gotta-be-kidding-me and half oh-crap-I-hope-he's-not-mad.

I simply state, "No worries, that's why I'm renting it."

eo000

Quote from: Beefy on March 24, 2009, 05:53:39 PM
Quote from: Beefy on March 24, 2009, 10:46:08 AM

As I approach the checkout desk, I hear the cashier state, "I don't want to watch that crap.  It's for five year old emo vampire wannabees."  I then hand him my stack of rentals, Twilight being on top.  He gives me a look that is half you-gotta-be-kidding-me and half oh-crap-I-hope-he's-not-mad.

I simply state, "No worries, that's why I'm renting it."
what was his look then? did he think you were doing it for the lulz, or did he think you had ill intentions? don't be surprised if chris hansen pops through your window.

Beefy

he looked at me like i was a loon.

dazie

But did you watch it and fall deeply madly in love? 

And if you did watch it, did you notice that the chick can't close her damn mouth?

Beefy

Quote from: dazie on March 25, 2009, 07:57:26 AM
But did you watch it and fall deeply madly in love? 

And if you did watch it, did you notice that the chick can't close her damn mouth?

I made it about half way through.  Biggest problem thus far, aside from me not being the target audience, is that they protract things way too much. Ten to fifteen minutes could have been shaved out of the first hour.

Gamplayerx

The biggest problem is that Edward is not pretty enough.

Beefy

I finished it last night.  While I am clearly not the target audience, there were aspects of the film that were just bad or silly.  It took a few narrative turns in the second half that I didn't see coming, so good on them for that.  It certainly seemed pretty sure of itself that a sequel would be forthcoming.

eo000

Quote from: Beefy on March 27, 2009, 10:59:20 AM
I finished it last night.  While I am clearly not the target audience, there were aspects of the film that were just bad or silly.  It took a few narrative turns in the second half that I didn't see coming, so good on them for that.  It certainly seemed pretty sure of itself that a sequel would be forthcoming.
or three.

Gamplayerx

Quote from: eo000 on March 27, 2009, 11:06:32 AM
or three.
And possibly a spinoff.

Also -- Edward is NOT PRETTY ENOUGH!

Beefy

Quote from: Gamplayerx on March 27, 2009, 11:07:16 AM
or three.
And possibly a spinoff.

Nor does he bathe often, a fact that I found difficult to ignore while watching the film.

dazie

Quote from: Gamplayerx on March 27, 2009, 11:07:16 AM
or three.
And possibly a spinoff.

Are you crazy?  It reminds moviewatchers ever 18 minutes that he's DAZZLING.  Sheesh.