News:

10/13/05 ReBurn nails the 90,000th post with a bullet! And what a bullet it was.

Main Menu

Swiss Family Remake

Started by Beef, June 16, 2005, 02:25:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ignom

I've never seen the original.
Underneath this flabby exterior is an enormous lack of character.

Jessie

we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Beefy

It's one of my favorite Disney films.

nishi

the scene when they race ostrich vs. zebra is pretty cool. also when they drop all that stuff on the pirates.

actually the treehouse itself completely steals the movie. if i had a second home.... it would be that treehouse. or, at least - the treehouse as i remember it from seeing the movie longer ago than i care to admit. 

the treehouse is amazing.
"we left the motherland to settle a colony on Juntoo.  hats with belt buckles."
-catchr

<- this is a prankapple.

Beefy

Yeah, the treehouse is the draw.

You just know they'll modernize the new version in some craptastic way, even if they do still set it in the 1800s.

nishi

Quote from: Beefy on June 16, 2005, 03:28:33 PM
Yeah, the treehouse is the draw.

You just know they'll modernize the new version in some craptastic way, even if they do still set it in the 1800s.

yes indeed. and there's no reason to. what is really magical about the treehouse in the original is that you can kind of believe that a very determined person with a very lofty goal and some very impressive building skills really could make that. my fear is that updating it will render the treehouse too fantastical. that one was magical *because* it was believable. you could imagine having your own, then.
"we left the motherland to settle a colony on Juntoo.  hats with belt buckles."
-catchr

<- this is a prankapple.