News:

9/8/05: 6 months, 75,000 posts! Thanks to Nishi for the post!

Main Menu

Episode III: First PG-13 Star Wars film

Started by Beef, March 11, 2005, 08:06:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessie

I was just reading an article about that.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

ReBurn

11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Beefy

Quote from: ReBurninator on March 11, 2005, 08:54:49 AM
I can't wait to see this movie.

Yeah, dammit, this trailer got my hopes up again.

ursus

I was just wondering...

OBB

I think this movie might redeem all the fluff from the last two movies.

Bishamonten

Fuck you George Lucas.  Fuck you for stealing so heavily from Kurosawa and fuck you for making me interested in the third film after being let down the last two times.   ... of course I'll see it... but fuck you anyway.

OBB

Quote from: Bishamonten on March 14, 2005, 04:52:24 PM
Fuck you George Lucas.  Fuck you for stealing so heavily from Kurosawa and fuck you for making me interested in the third film after being let down the last two times.   ... of course I'll see it... but fuck you anyway.

Pffft, who didn't steal from Kurosawa? Sergio Leone did too, and you don't hear people crying about that? Quentin Tarantino borrowed quite heavily as well. I think it should serve as a compliment to Kurosawa's skills that he is so often imitated.

Bishamonten

Quote from: OBB on March 14, 2005, 04:55:09 PM
Quote from: Bishamonten on March 14, 2005, 04:52:24 PM

Pffft, who didn't steal from Kurosawa? Sergio Leone did too, and you don't hear people crying about that? Quentin Tarantino borrowed quite heavily as well. I think it should serve as a compliment to Kurosawa's skills that he is so often imitated.

Few as heavily as Lucas.  You can find exact shots, lifted from Kurosawa's work.  I don't mind if you retell a story, but don't lift exact shots, man. 

OBB

Sergio Leone's "A Fistful of dollars" was the EXACT SAME movie as Kurosawa's Yojimbo. Leone didn't put anything in his credits about being inspiried by Kurosawa either.

Bishamonten

Quote from: OBB on March 14, 2005, 05:02:13 PM
Sergio Leone's "A Fistful of dollars" was the EXACT SAME movie as Kurosawa's Yojimbo. Leone didn't put anything in his credits about being inspiried by Kurosawa either.

Sergio Leone's work wasn't mentioned in the -Star Wars- thread before my rant.  I'm not a fan of Magnificent Seven or Fistful of Dollars( or for that matter:  Last Man Standing ).  While they both have great performances from actors and directors, the story isn't original and there's no reason to remake films that are already done in fantastic style.

eo000

Beefy

charmed

Did you ever see that TNG episode "A Fistful of Datas"?

eo000

OBB

Quote from: charmed on March 14, 2005, 08:44:05 PM

Star Trek? What do we look like, nerds?

eo000

charmed

Well I'm a little concerned with you all getting your undies in a bunch over a movie.

OBB

Quote from: charmed on March 14, 2005, 09:03:57 PM
Well I'm a little concerned with you all getting your undies in a bunch over a movie.

JEDI don't wear underwear!

ReBurn

Quote from: OBB on March 14, 2005, 09:03:05 PM
Quote from: charmed on March 14, 2005, 08:44:05 PM

Star Trek? What do we look like, nerds?
Ha!  I love it!

Oh, and I did see that episode.  And I have "A Fistful of Dollars" on DVD.  I'm sad all around.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

charmed

Quote from: OBB on March 14, 2005, 09:04:24 PM

I wondered where that smell was coming from.

OBB

Quote from: charmed on March 14, 2005, 09:07:04 PM
Quote from: OBB on March 14, 2005, 09:04:24 PM

I wondered where that smell was coming from.

That's my tauntaun. You should see how they smell on the inside.

charmed

Last time I checked I couldn't smell by seeing, but I will keep practicing!  :o

OBB

Quote from: charmed on March 14, 2005, 09:09:26 PM
Last time I checked I couldn't smell by seeing, but I will keep practicing!  :o

YOU AND YOUR SEMANTICS!!!! GRRRR!!!!!!  ;D