News:

Never argue with a fool. People might not know the difference.

Main Menu

Awesome

Started by Beefy, September 29, 2008, 12:28:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gamplayerx

Very.  He puts on one hell of a show.

Jessie

I don't care for him.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

BigDun

I'm not a huge fan, but must admit that he is very fun to watch live.
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

Alice

I was so sad when they announced this last night.  I can't stand the guy and don't get the hype over him.  Meh.  Why do they insist on only allowing people 60 and over to play the halftime show?

Gamplayerx

First of all, Bruce Springsteen is awesome.  I can forgive him the Pink Cadillac stage.  Second of all -- he's not 60.  Yet.  Go refill your snack bowls or something.

dazie

Quote from: Gamplayerx on September 29, 2008, 11:57:11 AM
First of all, Bruce Springsteen is awesome.  I can forgive him the Pink Cadillac stage.  Second of all -- he's not 60.  Yet.  Go refill your snack bowls or something.

This.  Many times over.  This.
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Jessie

The answer is Janet Jackson.

Never forget, and all that business.  I'm surprised people don't have bumperstickers.  Nevar Forget - Nipplegate 04

eo000

Quote from: Alice on September 29, 2008, 11:51:43 AM
I was so sad when they announced this last night.  I can't stand the guy and don't get the hype over him.  Meh.  Why do they insist on only allowing people 60 and over to play the halftime show?
you'd prefer toby keith, or more timberlake/spears???

i'll take the boss over that crap anyday, even though i'm not a fan.

Bennyhana

How about they just talk about football for 15 minutes and let the players get back out there and play.

When did the superbowl stop being about football, anyway?  Probably before I was born, I suppose.

eo000

Quote from: Bennyhana on September 29, 2008, 04:28:30 PM
How about they just talk about football for 15 minutes and let the players get back out there and play.

When did the superbowl stop being about football, anyway?  Probably before I was born, I suppose.

you, being a stage builder type, don't appreciate them putting up, and tearing down an elaborate stage set in half an hour?

Alice

He's 59, that's close enough.

Quote from: eo000 on September 29, 2008, 03:55:19 PM

I hate country, but I think Toby Keith is still better than Springsteen.  And I like Timberlake.

I just don't like the Boss at all.  Meh.  I like older bands and all, but he's crap.  Just have Tom Petty on again.  K?

Infobahn

Why does Alice hate America?

Jessie

Toby Keith totally loves america, though!

Gamplayerx

Quote from: Alice on September 29, 2008, 04:45:55 PM

I hate country, but I think Toby Keith is still better than Springsteen.  And I like Timberlake.

I just don't like the Boss at all.  Meh.  I like older bands and all, but he's crap.  Just have Tom Petty on again.  K?
All your taste is in your mouth, babe.

VikingJuice

Quote from: Jessie on September 29, 2008, 05:50:56 PM
Toby Keith totally loves america, though!

He's a mindless, fascist piece of shit and that's me understating him.

The Boss will be good.  I've seen him twice, loved one, meh on the other.

Infobahn

Toby Keith is a Democrat, and has stated he should be voting for Obama.

VikingJuice

Quote from: Infobahn on September 29, 2008, 07:55:18 PM

When did this come about?  He was practically sucking off Bush during the first 6 years of his presidency.

Alice

Quote from: Gamplayerx on September 29, 2008, 07:20:58 PM
Quote from: Alice on September 29, 2008, 04:45:55 PM

All your taste is in your mouth, babe.
I'll taste you in your mouth.

Wait...

Infobahn

Quote from: VikingJuice on September 29, 2008, 07:58:27 PM

When did this come about?  He was practically sucking off Bush during the first 6 years of his presidency.

I was surprised too.  He has been very pro-troops, and is respectful of the office of the President.

From Wikipedia:
Political beliefs and controversies

Keith considers himself "a conservative Democrat who is sometimes embarrassed for his party."[5] He endorsed the re-election of President George W. Bush in 2004 and performed at a Dallas, Texas rally on the night before the election. Keith also endorsed Democrat Dan Boren in his successful run in Oklahoma's 2nd Congressional district and is good friends with Democratic New Mexico Governor Bill Richardson.

In a January 2007 interview with Newsday, Keith was asked whether or not he supported the Iraq War. He responded with "Never did." He favors setting a time limit on the campaign. He also said, "I don't apologize for being patriotic... If there is something socially incorrect about being patriotic and supporting your troops, then they can kiss my [ass] on that, because I'm not going to budge on that at all. And that has nothing to do with politics. Politics is what's killing America."[6]

In August 2008, Keith praised Barack Obama saying, "So as far as leadership and patriotism goes, I think it's really important that those things have to take place. And I think he's the best Democratic candidate we've had since Bill Clinton. And that's coming from a Democrat."

VikingJuice

Quote from: Infobahn on September 29, 2008, 08:10:07 PM
Quote from: VikingJuice on September 29, 2008, 07:58:27 PM

I was surprised too.  He has been very pro-troops, and is respectful of the office of the President.

From Wikipedia:
Political beliefs and controversies

Keith considers himself "a conservative Democrat who is sometimes embarrassed for his party."[5] He endorsed the re-election of President George W. Bush in 2004 and performed at a Dallas, Texas rally on the night before the election. Keith also endorsed Democrat Dan Boren in his successful run in Oklahoma's 2nd Congressional district and is good friends with Democratic New Mexico Governor Bill Richardson.

In a January 2007 interview with Newsday, Keith was asked whether or not he supported the Iraq War. He responded with "Never did." He favors setting a time limit on the campaign. He also said, "I don't apologize for being patriotic... If there is something socially incorrect about being patriotic and supporting your troops, then they can kiss my [ass] on that, because I'm not going to budge on that at all. And that has nothing to do with politics. Politics is what's killing America."[6]

In August 2008, Keith praised Barack Obama saying, "So as far as leadership and patriotism goes, I think it's really important that those things have to take place. And I think he's the best Democratic candidate we've had since Bill Clinton. And that's coming from a Democrat."

Down is up, up is down.  I'm blown away.

That's an enormous departure from the stuff I'd heard him say after the whole Dixie Chicks fiasco.  Good to hear he's using some logic.  Perhaps I've misjudged the man. 

Jessie

I was surprised by that too, when I read it a while back.

Guy's done a ton of USO tours and stuff.  He seems to genuinely love America.

grace

not a Bruce fan...and i did see him live more than twice with the E street band in the early days. maybe he will dress like an American flag and sing born in the USA...

dam, i can hardly wait.

VikingJuice

Quote from: grace on September 29, 2008, 08:58:58 PM
not a Bruce fan...and i did see him live more than twice with the E street band in the early days. maybe he will dress like an American flag and sing born in the USA...

dam, i can hardly wait.

I saw him on the Tunnel of Love tour and it blew me a away.  It was an incredible show with all his 80s stuff-which is what I first grew to love of his music.  My first ever album purchase was Born In The USA.

grace

Quote from: VikingJuice on September 29, 2008, 09:01:04 PM
Quote from: grace on September 29, 2008, 08:58:58 PM

dam, i can hardly wait.

I saw him on the Tunnel of Love tour and it blew me a away.  It was an incredible show with all his 80s stuff-which is what I first grew to love of his music.  My first ever album purchase was Born In The USA.

i agree to disagree...

grace

i do like "my hometown"...

Bennyhana

Quote from: eo000 on September 29, 2008, 04:34:39 PM

you, being a stage builder type, don't appreciate them putting up, and tearing down an elaborate stage set in half an hour?
I like to keep my theatrics separate from my football. 

Alice

Quote from: Bennyhana on September 29, 2008, 09:59:09 PM
Quote from: eo000 on September 29, 2008, 04:34:39 PM

I like to keep my theatrics separate from my football. 
This is why I'm glad the Bears don't have cheerleaders.

Infobahn

They would be grazing in the end zone, anyway.

Beefy