News:

I went to the general store.  They wouldn't let me buy anything specific.

Main Menu

Paramount dumps The Watchmen

Started by Beef, June 07, 2005, 05:47:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beefy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GUmgQHvqqc

New trailer.  Embedding disabled.

Oh man.

They had a test screening the other night.  Word is that they didn't quite stick the ending.  Thematically yes, narratively no.

dazie

Quote from: Beefy on October 22, 2008, 02:23:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GUmgQHvqqc

New trailer.  Embedding disabled.

Oh man.

They had a test screening the other night.  Word is that they didn't quite stick the ending.  Thematically yes, narratively no.

boo.
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Beefy

If you really want to know what they changed, click here.  Doesn't sound like a deal breaker to me.  We'll see.

Beefy

Beefy

Ah my poor geek brain can't wait until March...

dazie

Saw the trailer with the new Bond tonight.  It started and I whooped and clapped.  The only person in the theater to do so.

Looks dark, kinda scary, Rorshach (sp?) looks over-wraught, yay!  Just like the graphic novel!

There appears to be a love interest thing, which I don't remember in the original story, but eh.  You've got to do something to bring the chicks in I guess.
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

ReBurn

I saw the trailer for this ahead of the remake of The Day The Earth Stood Still. The Watchmen is something that I believe I want to see.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Bishamonten

Getting rid of the squid is a good call.  It's much too esoteric and won't fit into a film no matter how you work it.

ReBurn

ReBurn

eo000

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/film/article2278955.ece

QuoteTHE BRITISH star of new superhero movie Watchmen has launched a foul-mouthed tirade against fans of the graphic novel who questioned his casting.

MATTHEW GOODE plays Andrew Veidt/Ozymandias in the movie, expected to be one of the biggest hits of 2009.

But the 30-year-old actor – who has previously appeared in Match Point and Brideshead Revisited – went on the offensive after learning hardcore fans are saying he doesn't suit the character before even watching the film.

He said: "The negative feedback is relayed by my friends. I think the fanboys aren't particularly happy – there are a load of people they'd have rather had in before me.

"It's already being slated before they've seeing anything.

"But if fanboys still hate the film after going and seeing it, they can all line up and s*** my d***.

"I don't give a f***."

Matthew added: "I'm having a child and that's more important to me – so I don't give a f***.

"Grow a d***."

ReBurn

Quote from: eo000 on March 02, 2009, 09:08:03 AM

QuoteTHE BRITISH star of new superhero movie Watchmen has launched a foul-mouthed tirade against fans of the graphic novel who questioned his casting.

MATTHEW GOODE plays Andrew Veidt/Ozymandias in the movie, expected to be one of the biggest hits of 2009.

But the 30-year-old actor – who has previously appeared in Match Point and Brideshead Revisited – went on the offensive after learning hardcore fans are saying he doesn't suit the character before even watching the film.

He said: "The negative feedback is relayed by my friends. I think the fanboys aren't particularly happy – there are a load of people they'd have rather had in before me.

"But if fanboys still hate the film after going and seeing it, they can all line up and s*** my d***.

"I don't give a f***."

Matthew added: "I'm having a child and that's more important to me – so I don't give a f***.

"Grow a d***."

lol...typical fanboy response. he's well-versed in the ways of the internets.

Bennyhana

Quote from: ReBurn on March 02, 2009, 09:25:35 AM
Quote from: eo000 on March 02, 2009, 09:08:03 AM

"I don't give a f***."

"Grow a d***."

lol...typical fanboy response. he's well-versed in the ways of the internets.

You can tell already that he's going to be a good f**cking parent.

Beefy

Why shouldn't you alter the ending of Watchmen?  Because it pisses Hitler off.

http://www.youtube.com/v/vIhHema5PNg

eo000

It was pretty good. Alison didn't think it was great [spoiler]except for the blue cock[/spoiler]

Beefy

hoping to go next weekend.  though i might just wait for the 5 hour cut on DVD.

ReBurn

Quote from: eo000 on March 08, 2009, 08:01:43 PM
It was pretty good. Alison didn't think it was great [spoiler]except for the blue cock[/spoiler]
Dude, the amount of that junk was slightly disturbing. Especially the way it wobbled.

I liked the movie, but it did have its slow spots.