News:

In spite of the cost of living, it's still quite popular.

Main Menu

Geek alright.

Started by dazie, September 06, 2008, 05:30:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dazie

I spent an hour today going through our DVDs and updating our spreadsheet.  We have (drumroll please) 281 DVDs on the list, of which 259 are on the shelf.  The others are mostly the kids' movies (lots of "Barbie as the.." etc) so I'm not too worried, but if anyone has seen my copy of Operation Petticoat I'd sure appreciate it's return.

Thanks.
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Gamplayerx

That's a lot of dvds.  If it was me, I'd trade 'em out.  Unless these are your 281 most favorite evers.  I always suspected you were a barbie fiend.

Beefy

I hear ya Dazie.  My collection is similar, though perhaps a little more... spacious.

dazie

Crappy cell phone pic.

R rated at the top, G at the bottom.

[attachment deleted by admin]
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

grace

my music collection is half that size and i wish it was larger.

gotta love media collections. a friend in texas, plano area, has a huge music/media wall. whenever i visit, i become anti-social...embedded in that room.

ReBurn

Last I counted mine the tally was just over 350. But I haven't counted in a while and Target just had a $7.50 sale. I picked up the Shanghai Noon and Shanghai Knights double pack. I love those stupid movies.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

grace

Quote from: ReBurn on September 19, 2008, 09:18:40 PM
Last I counted mine the tally was just over 350. But I haven't counted in a while and Target just had a $7.50 sale. I picked up the Shanghai Noon and Shanghai Knights double pack. I love those stupid movies.

stupid movies .....top the news these days.

VikingJuice

Quote from: grace on September 20, 2008, 10:30:42 PM
Quote from: ReBurn on September 19, 2008, 09:18:40 PM

stupid movies .....top the news these days.

Speaking of STOOOOOPID movies...

I have a friend named Cory.  We were all playing poker one evening and it dawned on me how much he looks like the kid from Over The Top with Sly Stalone.  So I mentioned it to him and he mentioned that a friend of his had once said the same thing when he was younger.  So we all talked about it and several people agreed.  So a few months later, I was at Wallyworld and was rummaging through the cheapo DVD bin and found a copy of it for like 3 or 4 bucks.

I bought it and gave it to him as a gag Christmas gift.  He laughed, took it home, the end. 

At a party tonight, someone else mentioned that conversation from way back.  His fiance, not having heard the story, asked for more detail.  Another friend, who was at the poker night, whose house we were at tonight, HAD A COPY OF THE MOVIE!!  So we put it in and did a side by side comparison.  His fiance couldn't see much similarity but the rest of us howled all night.  We watched the entire thing mocking it like it was our own MS3K show!!  It was soooo freakin' funny.

We've even got a picture of them side by side when we paused the DVD player.  I'll see if I can get a copy of the pic in the next few days and post.  Too funny!