News:

03/23/05 10,000th post provided by Cnamon!

Main Menu

Salmon tacos

Started by dazie, August 30, 2008, 10:20:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dazie

We got some salmon the other day from the "just going to give it to an animal" bin in the meat dept.

I cooked it up tonight, marinaded in tequila and a ground mix of achiote, chili flakes, black pepper, salt, garlic powder and dehydrated onion.  While it was cooking I spritzed it with lemon juice.

When the fish was done, we shredded it up and served it with shredded cabbage and homemade salsa fresca.  Also some brown rice on the side.  Pretty damn good if you ask me.

Crappy cell phone pic, so it doesn't look nearly as good as it really did.

[attachment deleted by admin]
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

grace

Quote from: dazie on August 30, 2008, 10:20:52 PM
We got some salmon the other day from the "just going to give it to an animal" bin in the meat dept.

I cooked it up tonight, marinaded in tequila and a ground mix of achiote, chili flakes, black pepper, salt, garlic powder and dehydrated onion.  While it was cooking I spritzed it with lemon juice.

When the fish was done, we shredded it up and served it with shredded cabbage and homemade salsa fresca.  Also some brown rice on the side.  Pretty damn good if you ask me.

Crappy cell phone pic, so it doesn't look nearly as good as it really did.

looks and sounds yummy...

made salmon pasta salad with asparagus, olives, onions, red pepper...salmon is good stuff.

[attachment deleted by admin]

dazie

Is that asparagus or green beans?  Either way- YUM!

grace

i forgot how rich a fish salmon is ...hadn't had it in awhile. very filling...plus the pasta.

Beefy

<insert joke about Alaskan women>

Gamplayerx

I wanted to make some salmon with shallots & white wine tonight.  And was all set to do so.  Except the recipe called for tarragon.  For some reason, I have no tarragon.  What is tarragon?  Is it used in anything else?  So I just drank a lot of wine.

grace

Quote from: Gamplayerx on October 09, 2008, 09:48:27 PM
I wanted to make some salmon with shallots & white wine tonight.  And was all set to do so.  Except the recipe called for tarragon.  For some reason, I have no tarragon.  What is tarragon?  Is it used in anything else?  So I just drank a lot of wine.

sauces, but it is a strong spice. i never use it. did you munch on shallots?

Beefy

Gamplayerx

Quote from: grace on October 09, 2008, 09:55:31 PM

Um, no.  I had wine.  I thought I said that.  Lots of wine.  I think I should probably go to bed now.

dazie

You can also use it in infused vinegar, but I don't like it much.

I might have substituted dill in the salmon recipe, but probably oregano.

Gamplayerx

Quote from: dazie on October 11, 2008, 09:02:18 AM

This information would have meant a lot more to me 2 days ago!  I HAVE dill and oregano.

I also now have tarragon, but have lost the will to make the fish.

grace

Quote from: Gamplayerx on October 11, 2008, 06:23:00 PM

This information would have meant a lot more to me 2 days ago!  I HAVE dill and oregano.

the will to drink overcame....

Gamplayerx

Quote from: grace on October 12, 2008, 10:12:07 AM
Quote from: Gamplayerx on October 11, 2008, 06:23:00 PM

the will to drink overcame....
I made it tonight.  It was very delicious.  Now having had tarragon, neither dill nor oregano would have been a suitable substitute.  Perhaps fennel.  Although I don't care for fennel.  Whatever.  It was very delicious.