News:

I went to the general store.  They wouldn't let me buy anything specific.

Main Menu

How often do you read?

Started by Jessie, June 01, 2005, 11:12:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessie

I usually read every day at lunch. 

Right now I'm reading a book, which frustrates me, because I don't want to stop after 30 minutes.

I usually read the paper, or at least skim the headlines and the stories that catch my eye. 
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

cnamon

I read on the metro after work.  I read in bed some night, and I try to read the headlines at lunch.

DownSouth

I only read comics.  My ADD doesn't let me read anything without pictures.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

ignom

I do a lot of crossword puzzles. That's about the only part of the newspaper I read.

I'm trying to get back into reading. I own a crapload of books, but many of them I never finished or never even started. If I don't start reading a book within a week of buying it, I never will. If I don't like a book after the first third, I won't waste my time finishing it.
Underneath this flabby exterior is an enormous lack of character.

Alice

I read constantly.  I've been doing book swapping with some TFers.  Right now I just started The Time Traveler's Wife, from Smooky.

Jessie

Quote from: aliceliddell on June 01, 2005, 11:21:52 AM
I read constantly.  I've been doing book swapping with some TFers.  Right now I just started The Time Traveler's Wife, from Smooky.

I like that one.

I read at night some, but right now I generally just don't have the time.

I can read for hours when I have the time, though.

BigDun

I just started Quicksilver by Neal Stephenson. Fricken book is 1000 pages long.
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

Youphoric

I read every day.  I have a habit of buying and finishing books on each leg of a flight.

I bought/finished Dean Koontz's The Taking yesterday.

It was on par with the rest of his stuff.

Bishamonten

A fairly large amount.  I'm on a Star Wars kick lately because I wanted to see where others went with the genre.  Since the 18th of May I've read:

Shatterpoint
Heir to the Throne
Dark Force Rising
The Last Command
I, Jedi

and I'm about 200 pages into Vector Prime. 

dazie

Quote from: BigDun on June 01, 2005, 11:34:04 AM
I just started Quicksilver by Neal Stephenson. Fricken book is 1000 pages long.

And sadly, not so good.   :(  Cryptonomicon is the bomb though.
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Dry then Catch

seriously is this post like a trick question

sapphirehart

I just finished the first "adult" novel by Judy Blume titled "Wifey".  It was pretty good.  I normally read about 3-4 trashy romance novels a month.

Jessie

Quote from: sapphirehart on June 01, 2005, 12:15:17 PM
I just finished the first "adult" novel by Judy Blume titled "Wifey".  It was pretty good.  I normally read about 3-4 trashy romance novels a month.

Is it trashy and adult?

I've heard that it's pretty good, but I don't want to read any Fabio crap.  (No offense since you say you like those)

sapphirehart

Quote from: Jessie on June 01, 2005, 12:17:17 PM

Is it trashy and adult?

I've heard that it's pretty good, but I don't want to read any Fabio crap.  (No offense since you say you like those)

It contains a lot of adult content.  I was surprised due to the fact that she authors children's books. 

Jessie

Quote from: sapphirehart on June 01, 2005, 12:21:48 PM

Is it trashy and adult?

It contains a lot of adult content.  I was surprised due to the fact that she authors children's books. 

I loved her when I was a kid.  Timothy loves her now.  Maybe I should get that book for him.

sapphirehart

Quote from: Jessie on June 01, 2005, 12:22:37 PM

Is it trashy and adult?

Oh yeah, and he'll learn a lot of new words and phrases. (Just kidding!  I don't think a child should read this book.)

I loved her when I was a kid.  Timothy loves her now.  Maybe I should get that book for him.

Beefy

Quote from: Bishamonten on June 01, 2005, 12:11:18 PM
A fairly large amount.  I'm on a Star Wars kick lately because I wanted to see where others went with the genre.  Since the 18th of May I've read:

Shatterpoint
Heir to the Throne
Dark Force Rising
The Last Command
I, Jedi

But what about Splinter of the Mind's Eye?

Bishamonten

Quote from: Beefy on June 01, 2005, 12:29:35 PM

Shatterpoint
Heir to the Throne
Dark Force Rising
The Last Command
I, Jedi

It's on the list.  ThereAreFourLights suggested it to me on TF.  It's at the Library waiting for me to finish my current stack of books.

Beefy

Quote from: Bishamonten on June 01, 2005, 12:31:43 PM
Quote from: Beefy on June 01, 2005, 12:29:35 PM

Shatterpoint
Heir to the Throne
Dark Force Rising
The Last Command
I, Jedi

It's on the list.  ThereAreFourLights suggested it to me on TF.  It's at the Library waiting for me to finish my current stack of books.

It's the original Star Wars spin off book.  No idea if it's good or not.  I think it was written for teenagers.

sapphirehart

Quote from: sapphirehart on June 01, 2005, 12:25:22 PM
Quote from: Jessie on June 01, 2005, 12:22:37 PM

Is it trashy and adult?

Oh yeah, and he'll learn a lot of new words and phrases. (Just kidding!  I don't think a child should read this book.)

Wow, I really screwed that one up!  Let's play "find the comment in the quote" game!!

Dry then Catch

i reaad that book and it caused quite a stir when it was first published.  i like the part when she describes her itchiness

ignom

This thread reminds me, I need to pick up the new Jughead's Double Digest.
Underneath this flabby exterior is an enormous lack of character.

ReBurn

I usually only read when I go to the bathroom.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Bishamonten

Quote from: ReBurninator on June 01, 2005, 12:37:26 PM
I usually only read when I go to the bathroom.

I read one book while on the can.  I take it every time I poop.  Currently I'm reading Lloyd Kaufman's "Everything I needed to know about film making, I learned from the toxic avenger"

Gamplayerx

I read whenever I get the chance.  Except right now I have nothing to read except Angela's Ashes and I don't feel like reading that.