News:

Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories.

Main Menu

Hostel

Started by Number 6, May 28, 2005, 02:56:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Infobahn

There is an echo in here.

ReBurn

Ok.  I'm off to see this thing.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Beefy

Quote from: ReBurn on January 09, 2006, 11:29:21 AM

It just doesn't strike me as a ReBurn kind of movie.  I'm interested in seeing what he makes of it.

cnamon

Beef, no movie can be as bad as your current avatar.

dazie

Quote from: cnamon on January 09, 2006, 11:34:53 AM
Beef, no movie can be as bad as your current avatar.

2nd
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Alice

I'm going to watch Hostel.

However, I'm going to wait until DVD.  :)

I am going to see Brokeback this week though.

Jessie

Quote from: Alice on January 09, 2006, 12:24:25 PM
I'm going to watch Hostel.

However, I'm going to wait until DVD.  :)

I am going to see Brokeback this week though.
I had a dream that I tried to get my brother to go see that with me.  He said no.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

ReBurn

Quote from: Beefy on January 09, 2006, 11:33:08 AM

It just doesn't strike me as a ReBurn kind of movie.  I'm interested in seeing what he makes of it.
Two words:  OMFG!

Beefy

Quote from: ReBurn on January 09, 2006, 02:41:19 PM

Is that at the boobies or the, uh, you know...

ReBurn

Quote from: Beefy on January 09, 2006, 02:42:42 PM
Quote from: ReBurn on January 09, 2006, 02:41:19 PM

Is that at the boobies or the, uh, you know...
I have to admit, this isn't normally my kind of movie.  There are lots and lots of boobies.  And then they threw in some more.  But the "uh, you know..." I just totally wasn't expecting.  But I liked the movie, mostly because it is the kind of movie that you have to watch pretty much all the way through before you can figure out exactly what's going on.  The guy I figured would be the token survivor wasn't.  And even the token survivor didn't actually make it out unscathed.

This wasn't what I would characterize as horror.  I don't think that's what it was for me.  I'm not quite sure what it was for me yet.

Beefy

Hostel 2 has been greenlit and will be out in about a year.

ReBurn

Now that I've come to terms with the first one, I think I would like to see a second one.

You know, Hostel has really made me wonder if there are really places in the world where things like that happen.  It may sound naive, but it is something that I've never thought about before.  I've been thinking about that movie since I saw it.

I certainly don't plan on staying in any hostels any time soon.

Mr. Ubiquity

Quote from: ReBurn on January 11, 2006, 09:02:06 AM
Now that I've come to terms with the first one, I think I would like to see a second one.

You know, Hostel has really made me wonder if there are really places in the world where things like that happen.  It may sound naive, but it is something that I've never thought about before.  I've been thinking about that movie since I saw it.

I certainly don't plan on staying in any hostels any time soon.

supervized place for young travelers....   sounds like a place for perverts and their web cams to get pics and clips of hot sexy young bodies in action.

"if I wank to it, will u feel disgusted or flattered or a perverse combo of both?"

Beefy

Quote from: ReBurn on January 11, 2006, 09:02:06 AM
You know, Hostel has really made me wonder if there are really places in the world where things like that happen.

I bet there are.

Number 6

actually the idea for the movie Hostel came from two sources....the first is the fun in makeing a film with a title that has two meanings and to play with that.....the second is the fact that there is/was a place i belive in Thailand where you could pay $10,000 to shot a person in the head at close range.....now obviously that makes for a boring plot soooo you add the tits and sex and Europe and the idea that people would pay more for Americians (very realistic)

Bishamonten

Saw it.  Weak.  I was let down.  I was hoping the nerdy -likeable- guy would be the "hero", but it's the douche-bag friend of his.  Nothing realy made me 'gross out' or flinch.  It just didn't have any effect.  Frankly, the end of Audition was far more disturbing - Ryo Ishibashi watching a woman saw his feet off with piano wire is one thing.  It's creepy.  But seeing him do it with this great sense of bewilderment and loss on his face as he can't understand why this woman he's fallen in love with is doing this to him.  She's shredding him to pieces and he just wants her to love him back - that's fucking brutal right there.  Oldboy also pulled it off very well.  If you can't sympathize with these people - like these people - then when they get hurt you don't hurt with them.  Visceral film is more than just showing someone get cut up - it's about watching something you've grown to care for fall to pieces in front of you. 

And the achilles tendon scene was done better when it was done to Shin Ha-kyun in Sympathy for Mr Vengeance. 

meredith

Quote from: Bishamonten on January 14, 2006, 11:47:59 PM
Saw it.  Weak.  I was let down.  I was hoping the nerdy -likeable- guy would be the "hero", but it's the douche-bag friend of his.  Nothing realy made me 'gross out' or flinch.  It just didn't have any effect.  Frankly, the end of Audition was far more disturbing - Ryo Ishibashi watching a woman saw his feet off with piano wire is one thing.  It's creepy.  But seeing him do it with this great sense of bewilderment and loss on his face as he can't understand why this woman he's fallen in love with is doing this to him.  She's shredding him to pieces and he just wants her to love him back - that's fucking brutal right there.  Oldboy also pulled it off very well.  If you can't sympathize with these people - like these people - then when they get hurt you don't hurt with them.  Visceral film is more than just showing someone get cut up - it's about watching something you've grown to care for fall to pieces in front of you. 

And the achilles tendon scene was done better when it was done to Shin Ha-kyun in Sympathy for Mr Vengeance. 

I think any man can feel for that.  ;D

And if you're going to talk about movies I haven't seen, make with the linky!

Alice

I know someone over in Europe right now.  He's staying in a hotel (not hostel) in some small town I've never heard of because plans got switched mysteriously & he's not going to be in Amsterdam as planned.  Suddenly all the people he was staying at this hotel with (he doesn't know them, they are on a business/school thing) are no longer registered at the hotel he's at, and he has no idea where they are.

It's silly, but this frightens me.  Stupid movie. 

meredith

Quote from: Alice on May 07, 2006, 12:06:05 AM
I know someone over in Europe right now.  He's staying in a hotel (not hostel) in some small town I've never heard of because plans got switched mysteriously & he's not going to be in Amsterdam as planned.  Suddenly all the people he was staying at this hotel with (he doesn't know them, they are on a business/school thing) are no longer registered at the hotel he's at, and he has no idea where they are.

he'll be okay.

Beefy

dazie

How'd this turn out anyway?
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Alice

Quote from: dazie on June 10, 2006, 04:38:49 PM

Oh, he's fine.  I'm just a silly girl.   :D

meredith

Quote from: Alice on June 10, 2006, 06:25:34 PM

Oh, I'm fine.  He's just a silly girl.   :D

Gamplayerx

Quote from: hatt on June 10, 2006, 08:22:18 PM

Oh, he's fine.  God loves a workin' man.   :D

ReBurn

God, I'm fine!  :D