News:

mmmhhphh hmmph I chhoudnph hcjear youph wiff fis crunphing in my mouphthmph.

Main Menu

Hostel

Started by Number 6, May 28, 2005, 02:56:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swolt

I just watched hostel.

I liked it. It wasn't as gory as I thought it was going to be. I should have seen it before I read all the hype.
A clever man commits no minor blunders.

ReBurn

I bought the DVD, but I still have to look away during some of the scenes.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Jessie

Still havent' watched it, still don't want to.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

ReBurn

Good call.  I'd let you borrow the DVD, but I hear you never send them back.

Mr. Ubiquity

Quote from: ReBurn on July 09, 2006, 10:13:00 PM
Good call.  I'd let you borrow the DVD, but I hear you never send them back.

Id borrow it long enough to burn a copy of it...
"if I wank to it, will u feel disgusted or flattered or a perverse combo of both?"

swolt

spoiler:

This morning I was eating breakfast and I was thinking about the guy cutting the girl's eye off and I thought "yummm, eye milk."

Beefy

only six months till the sequel, supposedly

swolt

Quote from: Beefy on July 10, 2006, 09:39:55 AM

I heard it was august 2007

Beefy

Quote from: swolt on July 10, 2006, 09:51:07 AM

It probably is.  I haven't heard anything new since they announced rigth after the opening weekend that they were going to release another one in one year's time.  Like having a new Saw franchise around.

Jessie

Quote from: Beefy on July 10, 2006, 09:54:02 AM
Quote from: swolt on July 10, 2006, 09:51:07 AM

It probably is.  I haven't heard anything new since they announced rigth after the opening weekend that they were going to release another one in one year's time.  Like having a new Saw franchise around.

That's gross.

Mr. Ubiquity

at least that pic still shows his teeth.
"if I wank to it, will u feel disgusted or flattered or a perverse combo of both?"

SockmonkeyHolocaust

I am not a horror/gore fanatic but I saw it recently. Good flick.

*spoiler*
I found the idea that it wasn't just one man, but a service to wealthy psychopaths very disturbing. That the "salad eating man" could meet his subject and drink with him and then torture him to death is nuts.

Yeah, I watch movies years after they come out. What of it?

ReBurn

Hostel still creeps me the fuck out.

Bishamonten

I still hate this boring ass movie.  Leave horror to people who know what the fuck they're doing.  Namely, Takeshi Miike.

Jessie

I guess that since I've seen Ichi and Man Bites Dog that I can probably handle Hostel. 

Maybe I'll check it out.

Bishamonten

Quote from: Jessie on October 30, 2006, 10:07:27 AM
I guess that since I've seen Ichi and Man Bites Dog that I can probably handle Hostel. 

Maybe I'll check it out.

Hostel, in my opinion, is overhyped.  If you're going to make a horror film, you'd better damned well make it so I don't want to see the main characters mauled in various fashion.  If I'm rooting for the bad guys the whole way, you've managed to make an a blood and guts action film - that's it. 

janegirl987

I thought it was pretty good.
Das mag sein.

ReBurn

I don't know why they called it horror.  It was more shock and gore.

dazie

Here's one that looks creepy.  I snagged the review from Morbid Fact du Jour.

The Audition (Japan 1999) http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0009WFEDC/theasylumeclecti

Amazon review: "If you want the full sledgehammer-to-the-stomach effect of Audition, stop reading this review now. Just watch it and take the consequences. At first glance, Takashi Miike's jack in the box of a movie works like a romantic comedy: amiable widower Shigeharu Aoyama (Ryo Ishibashi) decides it's time to find a new wife, and a friend suggests holding a fake audition to find the right girl. It soon becomes clear that there is something wrong with Aoyama's choice. This is no ordinary Fatal Attraction-style thriller, however; Audition slowly and carefully builds into a wrenching exploration of both deep male fears and the stereotype of the cute, submissive Japanese woman. Audition is by no means an easy movie to watch--even hardcore horror fans may have trouble--but it will stay with you for a long, long time"

"When I finally got my hands on a copy of The Audition, I had already heard great things and was expecting the unexpected. Now only is this a great story with well rounded characters and complex plot, it also contains some of the most disturbing torture scenes I have ever watched. It starts out as a romantic movie about a lonely middle aged man and slowly turns into a nightmare. The direction is excellent, never giving too much, always throwing in the unexpected. The story draws you in slowly by unraveling the murky past of a beautiful, demur girl. Just like the main character, by the time you know the whole story, you're already in hell."
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Bishamonten

Audition is a brilliant film. 

dazie

I bet Number 6 has seen it or has it stashed away somewhere....
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Gamplayerx

Quote from: Bishamonten on November 01, 2006, 09:40:40 AM
Audition is a brilliant film. 
That's the film with the piano wire amputation that you had somewhere sometime, isn't it?  *shudder*

Dry then Catch

Audition is a brilliant film, but it would have been much better having no expectations and no idea what I was seeing.  More so than with any average movie.  With this in mind, it seemed slow and plodding for about 75% of the movie.

I hear the best is to actually believe its a awkward foreign romantic comedy going in. 

swolt

Quote from: CatchrNdRy on November 01, 2006, 01:30:18 PM
Audition is a brilliant film, but it would have been much better having no expectations and no idea what I was seeing.  More so than with any average movie.  With this in mind, it seemed slow and plodding for about 75% of the movie.

I hear the best is to actually believe its a awkward foreign romantic comedy going in. 

like The Birds?

Dry then Catch

I never saw it, but I'll gander a guess and say yes