News:

9/8/05: 6 months, 75,000 posts! Thanks to Nishi for the post!

Main Menu

Don't char your meat

Started by VikingJuice, July 29, 2008, 05:39:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gamplayerx

So, you're saying you like to take a whack at your pork.

Gamplayerx

OMG!  This beef jerky is soooooo good! 

eo000

is it a dry thin jerky, or a thick juicy jerky? i guess the thick juicy jerky is more just beef stick than jerky, though.

Gamplayerx

It's a dry thin jerky.  I made two different batches.  One with the spice kit that came with the dehydrator and one that I made up.  The one I made up is better.

Alice

Quote from: Gamplayerx on July 30, 2008, 09:23:34 AM
It's a dry thin jerky.  I made two different batches.  One with the spice kit that came with the dehydrator and one that I made up.  The one I made up is better.
I always wanted a dehydrator to make jerky and fruit leather.  I'm toadly jealous.

Gamplayerx

Quote from: Alice on July 31, 2008, 01:29:18 PM
Quote from: Gamplayerx on July 30, 2008, 09:23:34 AM
I always wanted a dehydrator to make jerky and fruit leather.  I'm toadly jealous.
Okay.  I made fruit roll ups yesterday.  So simple, so good.  I just poured applesauce on a tray and turned the thing on.

I got some pomegranate syrup - I'm going to add it to some applesauce and see what that gets me.  I'm also going to go buy a blender so I can try making other flavors - like raspberry.  Mmmm!

I love this dehydrator.