News:

40,000th post goes to Gamp!  Happy birthday!

Main Menu

Stoploss

Started by VikingJuice, July 15, 2008, 01:58:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VikingJuice

Wow.  What a gut wrenching film to watch.  It was very well done, very emotional.  Watching it, I couldn't get my mind off of the fact that what I was watching on screen wasn't JUST a movie.  It was a movie inspired by real events and real people.  And it wasn't about something that happened before I was born or when I was too young to care.  It was about right now, our world, our men and women, fighting to serve their country and their country's interests.

And it hurts me deep down to know that our country has put these people in a war like this one.  I hurt for their losses.  I hurt for their struggles in coming home and trying to shut off the trained killer inside.  I hurt for their emotional state in recovering from seeing things that you can't unsee.  And I hurt for their friends, families, wives, and children.

I'm filled with rage about every callous mother fucker who carelessly, selfishly, and blindly sent them off when many of them knew the "facts" weren't true, or at the very least, were highly questionable.