News:

I went to the general store.  They wouldn't let me buy anything specific.

Main Menu

'Wanted' to become a Trilogy

Started by eo000, July 03, 2008, 06:29:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eo000

(source under gif)
QuoteWanted may have been number two at the box office last weekend, but it was a number two with a lot of ticket sales behind it. There's already been talk of a sequel, but if what our sources are telling us is true, they aren't planning a sequel but a trilogy.

One of our best sources dropped me a note this morning with details on where Wanted is headed, as the rush to turn it into a franchise begins. Two more sequels, not just one are already being planned out, and from what we've been told both James McAvoy and Terrence Stamp are an absolute lock to be back. That's no surprise really, but what is a surprise is that we're hearing Angelina Jolie may be back as well. And now we get into spoiler territory, so if you haven't seen the first film stop reading now.

It's surprising, since by the end of the film both Jolie and Freeman's characters are quite definitively dead. That's no barrier for Hollywood though. The plan is to involve them in flashbacks which will explore the past of Angelina Jolie's Fox, and allow us to meet the man who trained and recruited her. That person could become a major villain in the sequels, which would explain the flashback links to Jolie and Freeman.

For the sequels their idea is to take Wanted international, and have James McAvoy's Wesley character fighting Fraternity cells all over the world. It seems Sloane isn't the only Fraternity leader who has been ignoring the instructions of fate, it's something that's been happening for centuries, and that means a lot of Sloane's peers are now pretty pissed off at Wesley. Also in the mix is the uncovering the secret past of Wesley's father, some of which may lead to the revelation that Wesley's family has been a part of the fraternity for generations. Our scooper speculates, "Could this be the next Jason Bourne series?" If what our sources are hearing is true, that does seem to be the direction Universal Pictures is headed.

I hope this happens. That movie was bad ass!

Alice

How were there two u's on that keyboard?

eo000

Quote from: Alice on July 03, 2008, 07:39:09 AM
How were there two u's on that keyboard?
look again. that last one is a tooth.

Beefy

Interesting cinematic experience.

VikingJuice

If you're willing to ignore plot and ridiculous movie physics, then it will entertain.

eo000

Quote from: VikingJuice on July 06, 2008, 10:36:58 PM
If you're willing to ignore plot and ridiculous movie physics, then it will entertain.
well, yeah. just like with most comic book movies.

Alice

Quote from: eo000 on July 07, 2008, 05:47:52 AM
No, Batman is real.

Beefy

Quote from: eo000 on July 07, 2008, 05:47:52 AM

To be fair, Wanted took things to extremes past that of most, if not all, comic based films.

Still, nothing in it bothered me as much as the refrigerator in Indy 4, or the spinning Earth backwards in the original Superman.

eo000

i believe there really is a loom of fate out there.

Beefy

Quote from: eo000 on July 07, 2008, 08:32:10 AM

I believe that they missed a central component:

VikingJuice

Quote from: eo000 on July 07, 2008, 08:32:10 AM

What if it was a loom of bad plot writing?  That whole writers strike would be for nothing!!

Jessie

Is this too violent for Timothy?
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Beefy

Quote from: Jessie on July 09, 2008, 04:02:11 PM

It's not the violence I had an issue with (many bullets blowing through heads), it's the total lack of empathy or morality.

But then, I think you've watched Anal Fisting Nuns with Timothy so he's probably already corrupted.

Jessie

Quote from: Beefy on July 09, 2008, 04:23:20 PM

It's not the violence I had an issue with (many bullets blowing through heads), it's the total lack of empathy or morality.

But then, I think you've watched Anal Fisting Nuns with Timothy so he's probably already corrupted.
I read your review on Flixter, and now I'm intrigued, but not sure it's ok for Timothy.

Beefy

Quote from: Jessie on July 09, 2008, 04:44:05 PM

I read your review on Flixter, and now I'm intrigued, but not sure it's ok for Timothy.

I doubt most people would share my take on it and just accept it as a mindless film full of ridiculous fun.

Only you can judge about the all the violence, though.  It's all pretty cartoonish, but it still has some impact.

BigDun

Quote from: Jessie on July 09, 2008, 04:44:05 PM

I just went and saw it. It deserves the R rating.
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

Alice

Go see it at a matinee by yourself first.

I think there are some websites for this too... I know our local Blockbuster has this awesome huge binder of all the movies with reviews just for parents.

eo000

take him to it. find out if you can hear his penis getting hard as angelina gets out of the tub, exposing her sexy ass.

probably not a movie for kids.

VikingJuice

Quote from: eo000 on July 09, 2008, 10:09:15 PM
take him to it. find out if you can hear his penis getting hard as angelina gets out of the tub, exposing her sexy ass.

This part can NOT be understated.  She was impressive!

Jessie

Quote from: eo000 on July 09, 2008, 10:09:15 PM

Uggghhhh barf.

Thanks for the last line, not so much the first one.